Anodes Direct

www.hydraulicpartsdirect.co.uk
having used this company for years , i wont be using them again ( at their request). They sent me an invoice in March which i paid immediately as usual. When the goods didnt arrive i chased them and was told they had made a mistake with the weight and there was an extra £13 carriage but they would send the goods anyway. Now they have sent an email chasing for the £13 and have also called us and when I told them it was their error and they had put the wrong amount on the invoice ,they told me not to call them again. Weird way to treat a customer and odd to lose a long standing regular customer for the sake of £13. I wont bother them again.

its ok , they have replied and say they cant afford me as a customer !
"We did provide you with a invoice as requested and this included the price for carriage as far as we could tell at that stage in the process. After the order had been weighed we then amended the invoice as you can see to the correct amount and put a note on the invoice to indicate same.

When we spoke I did overall the situation and sent out the order in good faith but did not delete the amount from the invoice

As you say it is a small amount but if we let that amount go on every parcel we sent out it would not be long before we have financial problems, fortunately it has never happened before so hopefully it will not happen again.

We obviously thought (wrongly as it happens) that this amount would be paid immediately on receipt of the invoice.. Clearly this was not the case and as we can not afford to suffer losses on any carriage fees it is obviously better that we no longer take orders from that particular person, firm or company as we would continue make a loss on any transfers we do.

To that end we do appreciate your custom in the past but we can not afford you any longer."

Irish Rover

Visit site
Talk about mountains and molehills :sleep:. Obviously 2 very stubborn individuals involved here. If it was me, as the customer, and I had numerous previous satisfactory dealings with the company I would probably have paid the invoice. If it was me, as the supplier, dealing with a regular customer I would have swallowed the extra cost. Sort it out for Pete's sake.

Momac

Visit site
I ordered online from Anodes Direct earlier this year with no issues . The price was competitive and the goods were exactly as described.
I will expect to be using them again.

Bouba

Visit site
its ok , they have replied and say they cant afford me as a customer !
"We did provide you with a invoice as requested and this included the price for carriage as far as we could tell at that stage in the process. After the order had been weighed we then amended the invoice as you can see to the correct amount and put a note on the invoice to indicate same.

When we spoke I did overall the situation and sent out the order in good faith but did not delete the amount from the invoice

As you say it is a small amount but if we let that amount go on every parcel we sent out it would not be long before we have financial problems, fortunately it has never happened before so hopefully it will not happen again.

We obviously thought (wrongly as it happens) that this amount would be paid immediately on receipt of the invoice.. Clearly this was not the case and as we can not afford to suffer losses on any carriage fees it is obviously better that we no longer take orders from that particular person, firm or company as we would continue make a loss on any transfers we do.

To that end we do appreciate your custom in the past but we can not afford you any longer."
SeaRanger....it looks like, from your link, that you have a similar business model. So, how would you deal with a regular customer over a misunderstanding.....and how would you hope your customers deal with you ?
I’ve dealt with many companies that obviously have ripping you off as their credo....but many others who are trying to do the right thing in a cut throat world.
In your situation, I would write to them...saying thank you for the past service and sorry that you no longer want my custom...and include a check for £13. Then see how they reply

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
There is an honesty thing here
You have had the anodes but not paid the full cost of delivery. OK they got it wrong but you have still have had the service that you haven’t paid for in full.
It’s a bit like being in a restaurant and they forget to put the bottle of wine on the bill. You tell them don’t you?…….or maybe not……depends on what you perceive to be fair.

Last edited:

Irish Rover

Visit site
You have had the anodes but not paid the full cost of delivery. OK they got it wrong but you have still have had the service that you haven’t paid for in full.
It’s a bit like being in a restaurant and they forget to put the bottle of wine on the bill. You tell them don’t you?…….or maybe not……depends on what you perceive to be fair.
Totally unfair post. I may not agree with the OP or with his using the forum in this way but in my view there is no question of dishonesty on his part, as implied in your post.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Totally unfair post. I may not agree with the OP or with his using the forum in this way but in my view there is no question of dishonesty on his part, as implied in your post.
Interesting
Using my restaurant example would you suggest that not owning up to the bottle of wine as dishonest?
We are all different and treat the same situation in different ways, all down to the individuals definition of dishonest.

Last edited:

Irish Rover

Visit site
Interesting
Using my restaurant example would you suggest that not owning up to the bottle of wine as dishonest?
We are all different and treat the same circumstance in different ways, all down to the individuals definition of dishonest.
Your restaurant analogy is nonsense in this context, in my opinion.

Wrong - I paid the full cost of delivery as shown on their invoice. Not my fault they had miscalculated.

SeaRanger....it looks like, from your link, that you have a similar business model. So, how would you deal with a regular customer over a misunderstanding.....and how would you hope your customers deal with you ?
I’ve dealt with many companies that obviously have ripping you off as their credo....but many others who are trying to do the right thing in a cut throat world.
In your situation, I would write to them...saying thank you for the past service and sorry that you no longer want my custom...and include a check for £13. Then see how they reply
if we made an error in working out carriage cost , we would swallow it. Ive been in business 25 years and there has never been an occassion where we have hounded a customer for a few quid for our mistake. I have certainly never emailed a customer telling me to never contact them again ! Strange way to treat a long standing customer as I say

Bouba

Visit site
if we made an error in working out carriage cost , we would swallow it. Ive been in business 25 years and there has never been an occassion where we have hounded a customer for a few quid for our mistake. I have certainly never emailed a customer telling me to never contact them again ! Strange way to treat a long standing customer as I say
It is wrong.......my point is that two wrongs doesn’t make it easier to buy anodes online.

Mister E

Visit site
It depends on exactly what and how things were said on the phone call as to my reaction as a company.

If a customer tells me that it was my mistake then I would be inclined to either wait for next time (note of file to add £26 for the trouble) or say thanks for the custom but don't bother again.