Annual Mooring

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
I can’t help with a suggestion but IMHO it’s pointless using email to communicate. Same for brokers. Best to pick the phone up, or take a drive round. I was looking at Penton Hook and Shepperton marinas last year and they both had spaces for a 43’. I’d assume the situation hasn’t worsened markedly in the meantime.

Last edited:

D and G

West Wales - Boat- princess 25 called Jardice Deux
Visit site
I can’t help with a suggestion but IMHO it’s pointless using email to communicate. Same for brokers. Best to pick the phone up, or take a drive round. I was looking at Pentonville Hook and Shepperton marinas last year and they both had spaces for a 43’. I’d assume the situation hasn’t worsened markedly in the meantime.
Yes don't think Marinas are big on email lol, will get on the phone today and see what we can find. Thanks for your input
Geoff and Dee

Parabordi

Visit site
Hi all, I have emailed approx 8 to 10 mooring places with no reply,can anyone suggest an annual Mooring place I could try?
Will be viewing a new to us both soon and really struggling to find a decent priced mooring that's not £400 per month
Why not apply for a lock mooring from EA?

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Benson lock have long term moorings but I don't know about availability.

Some other locks have same but not all.
Abingdon has several with electric but I doubt you'd get one of those.

There is Hell Weir lock near Vanish upon Thames but it isn't a particularly nice place and you said further from London.

Gambleden (you never know if the lock is working) has some but again full and very popular.

As parabordi says definitely worth asking the EA.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
If you would be happy with a field mooring with no services ask SRB moorings he might have something. The field does flood in a good winter.

Are you thinking of a seasonal mooring then lift out for winter or do you want the boat to be in water all the time?

If the latter then anything on the River itself is subject to a lot of water movement in winter and you would want to be able to visit regularly to check lines.

Time Out

Visit site
Sorry I could have given a bit of a clue, none tidal and further away from London the better to keep costs down, she is a Princess 25, not stuck on any location

It’s not all bad news but will take some finding.

I’m at Teddington Harbour a short walk from my house but that’s full however no harm in calling them. It’s half tidal and access to Teddington lock 24 hours

Moving up there is

Lensbury Club
Trowlock island
Thames Ditton Marina
Boat House at Thames Ditton
Platts Eyot
Boat house at Sunbury Lock
Nauticalia

That’s just a few close (ish) together on the lower non tidal stretch.

I suspect it’s not going to be easy. Easier than the South or France though ;)