Anchor Windlasses

DIW

Visit site
Does anyone have any experience of the Australian Manufactured South Pacific range of Windlasses ? They appear to be very competively priced compared to other makes.
£199.99 for a windlass suitable for a 15-22ft boat.

AndieMac

Visit site
They are not actually made here, they are Asian built and sold from here. Word is they are ok for the small boat and occasional use, but issues do arise from the plastic/resin gypsy wearing.
The Muir winches (Tasmanian) or Maxwell (New Zealand) are good products, but of course priced accordingly.

Mexican

Visit site
For what its worth I have a Quick Aries Windlass for sale, 6mm gypsy ideal for your boat size £225 in great condition - selling normally for around £650. Am based in Midlands aswell.

PM me for more details if interested.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
The Muir winches (Tasmanian) or Maxwell (New Zealand) are good products, but of course priced accordingly.

I have owned a Maxwell for many years, now past its best. I looked at both Muir and Maxwell at Southampton show last year and was extremely impressed by Muir, a very high quality product. Unfortunately its price was 20% more than the Maxwell, so I bought another of them. Maxwell have been bought out by Vetus, which makes parts easier to source.

I also wanted to talk to Lewmar as another alternative but I couldn't attract any of their salesmen from chatting amongst themselves.

AndieMac

Visit site
I have owned a Maxwell for many years, now past its best. I looked at both Muir and Maxwell at Southampton show last year and was extremely impressed by Muir, a very high quality product. Unfortunately its price was 20% more than the Maxwell, so I bought another of them. Maxwell have been bought out by Vetus, which makes parts easier to source.

I also wanted to talk to Lewmar as another alternative but I couldn't attract any of their salesmen from chatting amongst themselves.

Muir have been one of our two local marine based, metal fabrication success stories, the other being Incat, builders of a number of your cross channel Condor cats.

Unfortunately with our currently high dollar value, Oz exporters are going to struggle to sell to the international market place, but in saying that both these businesses are still solid performers.

Double arvor

Visit site
Have got a south pacific on my boat , and i would not reccomend them to much plastic needs help when coming up, snapped 1st time used had to get replacement part, spend the extra and get a decent one