Anchor - Rocna lookalike.

driver0606

Visit site
Found this on e bay-

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/25%20kg%2055%20lb%20Galvanized%20Steel%20Shovel%20Scoop%20Style%20Boat%20Anchor%20with%20Roll%20Bar%20_%20eBay.html

Looks like a good deal on a Rocna copy with reasonable shipping costs.

Does anybody have any experience of them please?

omega2

Visit site
IF IT IS DESCRIBED AS A "TYPE" then leave it where it is, have seen other type anchors like Delta and Bruce copies allowing a slow drift rather than keeping you where you want to be.

Last edited:

BruceK

Visit site

omega2

Visit site
Your link is not to an URL. I presume you mean this one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-kg-44-...092474?hash=item2ee5b138ba:g:HnIAAOSwsB9V-Yb~

That is neither a Rocna nor Manson. Even the Manson which is a copy of a rocna is not as good as the original. It appears that the subtleties of design makes all the difference in performance and usefulness. This makes for an interesting read if you can see past the bias.

http://www.petersmith.net.nz/boat-anchors/manson-supreme-anchor.php

I think he is referring to this one? a list of different weight ones this being the cheapest. BUT A COPY and very likely useless.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-kg-14-l...512251?hash=item2c9baf367b:g:OW0AAOSwhcJWI34L

Also seem to recall reading this part of the advert elsewhere?

I tested this anchor in mud/clay with a 48 foot sailboat pictured in the second picture. We applied 3000 rpms (full) of a 75 hp engine in reverse with a three blade max prop. The anchor dug in rock solid, and we did not drag a bit. This anchor just digs. To illustrate what that means, the proper anchor for that boat would be a 25 kg or 33 kg, and this was a 6 kg. So, basically, for a storm to drag that 48 ft boat with that 6 kg anchor, it would have to be so severe that the boat would not be able to make headway with the engine at all. I was very impressed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User YDKXO

Why on earth would you trust your precious and valuable boat to a copy of an anchor just to save yourself a few quid over the real thing?

Hurricane

Visit site
Thanks everybody, points taken, I will go for the genuine article.

I recently bought two Rocnas - one for us and one for a friend.
Try Piplers of Poole 01202 673056 - ask for a discount - they gave us a good price for the two anchors. No connection with them but I have had good service before from them.
Genuine Rocnas

Jegs

Visit site
I seem to recall there was a mag. test on anchors a while back & a "Spade" came first. I do not work for them & mine's still got the Bruce it came with.

ATB,

John G