Anchor for an F43?

ian38_39

Visit site
No doubt everyone is getting fed up of our new boat by now but.

The anchor has been changed along the way to a much bigger anchor than standard that doesn't fit into the concealed anchor space. As we do most of our boating on the North Sea anchoring overnight does not really present itself as an option so, although I realise that the bigger anchor is probably the right one for the size of boat, does anyone know what the original size and type of anchor was? That way I can stop demolishing the gelcoat every time it is lifted and dropped.

Elessar

Visit site
No doubt everyone is getting fed up of our new boat by now but.

The anchor has been changed along the way to a much bigger anchor than standard that doesn't fit into the concealed anchor space. As we do most of our boating on the North Sea anchoring overnight does not really present itself as an option so, although I realise that the bigger anchor is probably the right one for the size of boat, does anyone know what the original size and type of anchor was? That way I can stop demolishing the gelcoat every time it is lifted and dropped.

delta 10kg.

Hopeless on an F43 so I had the hole made bigger on mine to take a 16kg properly.

ian38_39

Visit site
Did see that on your blog but not sure I want to run to that at the moment.
There is a 16kg anchor on the boat at the moment but it only comes half way through the hole and smashes the gel coat.

May leave it till next year and have a word with the local GRP man.

John100156

Visit site
I like the Delta it is a good anchor and although it's a bit light at 10kg (would prefer 16kg) I have never slipped. As long as it's set probably it's always been perfectly fine. Even had several occasions where others have rafted to my F43 (even recently) not just in the lagoon at SCM - I also stayed out on the hook overnight several times on my trip last June....?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I found the 10kg Delta anchor too light on my F43 as well and we dragged on a few occasions. I certainly never felt like trusting it overnight. Yes I know the Sealine beak makes it impossible to stow a bigger anchor but I really would look at what Elessar has done and modify the beak to take the bigger anchor. Whilst you might not plan on using the anchor much in your cruising ground, you never know for sure when you might need it in earnest like when you're drifting onto a lee shore with both props fouled by a net for example

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
I like the Delta it is a good anchor and although it's a bit light at 10kg (would prefer 16kg) I have never slipped. As long as it's set probably it's always been perfectly fine. Even had several occasions where others have rafted to my F43 (even recently) not just in the lagoon at SCM - I also stayed out on the hook overnight several times on my trip last June....

That does seem very light for a substantial boat like the F43; my Targa 40 had a Delta 16kg, and this also didn't always set reliably, so I've just changed this for a Delta 20kg.

John100156

Visit site
I know I don't disagree; a 16kg would be better. We did have F4 when staying overnight in Es Trenc last year, before we departed for buoys in Cabrera. Albeit the holding was good there and you do have the space to walk out some extra chain, which you don't have in many anchorages. I do carry a spare 16kg with me, but as I say, the 10kg Delta although light, has never let me down.....yet!

ian38_39

Visit site
Thanks all,

I notice that on Lewmars own site they are just about saying it may be OK but that 16Kg is the right one.

Looks like the best course of action is to leave it as it is for this season then get the fibreglass man in over the winter

Other threads that may be of interest