America's Cup, when? Yaaaawwwwwnnnn.

kingfisher

Visit site
The longer it lasts, the better

I want ac all the time throughout the year. With an 8month break for the VOR.

I finaly managed to watch some of the action on TV (hotel had Eurosport). It was the most exciting thing I had seen in a long time.

<hr width=100% size=1>Group of people on the pontoon: skipper is the one with the toolbox.
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: America\'s Cup, when? Yaaaawwwwwnnnn.

Seem to recall (have still got the video!) the AC when it was held in Perth, they raced in the winds called the Freemantle Doctor, quite strong.

Appreciate that there will be conditions when it is not suitable to race - below F1 & above F8, but other than that, imho they should race, and the designers should build boats that can withstand the weather.

Better still would be production class boats being used, just like the touring cars:)

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site

i had to check the net yesterday i could not believe race four still had not happened.
lets face it TNZ has been shown that is not the conditions that really affect it. it aint the speed machine they thought
any more delays could start to appear feet draggingon tNZ'spart
i say, unless it is not safe, they should be out there. waiting for ideal conditions for your boat aint right. all IMHO

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.</font color=red>

davidhand

Visit site
Re: The longer it lasts, the better

The longer it lasts the better.........as the actress said to the bishop.
I agree though the two races that have been run have provided some of the best match racing I've seen, can't wait for more.
Bit embarassing for the Kiwis having a Frenchman as tactician though, they must have forgotten about Rainbow Warrior.
There seems to be a maximum wind the race can be run in, also if any leg takes more than 45 minutes the race has to be abandoned. This would appear to preclude racing in anything less than about 8-10 knots.

<hr width=100% size=1>

bedouin

Visit site

No - I think they've got enough Kiwis on the team to manage without the Swiss!

<hr width=100% size=1>

chippie

Visit site

The news here in NZ is that the police and harbour master requested a postponement because the two metre swells could endanger spectator craft. There were an estimated 3000 last time they raced.
It has been blowing really hard here for a couple of days, starting to settle down now.

<hr width=100% size=1>