America's Cup - Valencia

xcw

Visit site
America\'s Cup - Valencia

I went to Valencia last week to watch a couple of days racing. Despite the unseasonal weather it was a first class experience. Plenty to do for the whole family. If you get he opportunity it's well worth a visit.

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: America\'s Cup - Valencia

Any must see, must do's outside of sailing?

Did you go on the spectator boat, and which one? Was it neccessary to book in advance?

xcw

Visit site
Re: America\'s Cup - Valencia

No, I didn't go out on a spectator boat but there were plenty of places to book them if required. There are information centres by each entry point to the "village" so I'm sure they could advise - you can probably also book on the internet.

The racing takes place fairly close in so you can see it from the viewing areas, also there are large screens so you can watch from there. Plenty of attractions for the family ranging from trying out a "segway" (a stand up mode of transport) to grinding competitions.

Valencia has a lot to offer. On my not to miss list would be the arts and science centre which is truly stunning, the aquarium (not as good as Sea World but getting close), the old town, great beaches and a great nightlife. Certainly a good place to spend a few days.