Am I uner propped?

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
TAMD51A's in Princess 385

I am told max revs is 2800 but mine can go to 3000 no problem. does that mean I am under propped?

I seem to be able to cruise all day at 2600 to 2700 - is this normal?

Any advice appreciated

Paul

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Would think that the boat was fitted with right props in the first place. Maybe like mine, there bugered and need ne w ones??

No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn

stuartw

Visit site
Sounds fine to me. I have a TS37 with twin TAMD61A's (306hp) and I to can get to close on 3000. At 2600 I can cruise comfortably @ 20 - 21knts. I also get slippage if the throttles are opened fully from displacement speeds. ie they jump up to 2300, then as the hull gets on the plane, creep up to 2900 or so.
I too also thought it was under propped, but as I later found out, it had 21 x 31 inch props, ie a v big pitch because of reduced blade to hull clearance. A 4 bladed prop will give a reduced blade pressure & thus more bite. However is it worth it.
Personally I think it is a slight & maybe dubious advantage to having some slippage, as you do not get in the situation of the engine struggling- producing lots of black smoke-to get to max revs.
If you can cruise comfortably at the revs giving you max torque, then thats good.
rgds
Stuart

cngarrod

Visit site
Well that will be the last we hear from you...

Hi Dom,

Good news about the boat.. guess you will be off the forum for a while then!

Have fun.. you have several hours to catch up!

Cheers,

Craig

DepSol

Visit site
I have just been advised that the engine has been lowered intoi the boat and is being installed. Only the hatch and the leg to go after that.

I am off for teo weeks on Friday to Dielette for the festival for 2 days then to Alderney for Alderney week and then off to Lezardrieux to see if I still want to buy a house there or get myself a Prestige 32.

Paul I will be in touch with you after my hols about your offer.

Dom

My boats going back in the water on Thursday ;-)

G

Paul you should have 21X24 3 bladed props that is the original size from marine projects.

paul js.