Aluminium Anodes s/s props

capnjack

Visit site
I would have thought that you would rather go through a few Magnesium anodes than put on an Ali and have other metals on your boat corrode?

By the way, mercathodes don't require other anodes apart from a trim tab anode.

duncan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would have thought that you would rather go through a few Magnesium anodes than put on an Ali and have other metals on your boat corrode?

By the way, mercathodes don't require other anodes apart from a trim tab anode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree the principle behind your first observation but your second is a cause for concern! Standard recomendation for a BIII drive is 2 x mercathodes per drive and they have 6 further anodes per drive (and no trim tab at all).

capnjack

Visit site
Yes, I tend to forget there are larger versions of the Alpha drives for bigger boats. I seem to think that the realms of sterndrives are for the likes of my little boat only.

duncan

Visit site
Alpha drive are made of a different alloy and don't generally have the same level of problems! They also come out the box with alloy props which again helps.

and of course they have a trim tab anode to make up for the lack of a second prop /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif they do however have other anodes installed to rams etc...........even if not the 6 currently installed to BIIIs