All Right: Easier One

Lakesailor

Visit site
Where is this?

Where2.jpg

Lakesailor

Visit site
Well I took it and am absolutely sure it was Cannes. (Quay Saint Pierre) although the roadway looks much narrower now. The pic will have been in mid 80s.

jfm

Visit site
Only just seen this. Not sure I'd have got QSP in Cannes becuase the road/parking layout is quite different now. The SofF bit is easy though, from the courtesy flags and the 06 plate on the car. The superyacht far right is Il Vagabondo Again, which now lives in her permanent berth on outer mole of Port Camille Rayon in Golfe Juan, 3 miles along the coast.

Do you have any other nice old pics of SofF?

CC, I see your "hell" thought (!) but remember that is a mere car park for boats. If you drive out of that car park you have some stunning anchorages within a few miles, and even more within 100miles. See Hurricane's current cruise thread for example - many of those pictures are <10miles from the location of this photograph

Lakesailor

Visit site
Only just seen this. Not sure I'd have got QSP in Cannes becuase the road/parking layout is quite different now.
I'm starting to wonder myself now. However I remember that just out of shot was a beautiful polished alloy Lotus 7 and I'm absolutely sure that was in Cannes.
I'm going to see if I can find some old shots.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
What year was it I was driving about in S of F 84 and 85 in a alloy polished Lotus 7 black nose cone reg NTD 147 if it is mine and you have a picture of it would love to see it for old times sake.