ahts psv dsv dp corner

landaftaf

Visit site
hi

I was wondering how many of us actually look at this site. could it be busy enough to be a cyber site for us ?

if you are interested just post your ships name or company so I can make an assessment

tnx in advance /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tugboat

Visit site
I was with Maersk from '80 till '92. PSV's /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif AHTS /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif 13,000 geegees luvly!

ddraigmor

Visit site
Um....do ex AB's qualify?

Did my time with Ocean inchcape Limited (OIL), with Star Offshore, TNT Sealion, one trip with Farstad and one (bad judgement) with Seaboard Offshore. Prior to which I was in and out of Holyhead Towing when they had deep sea salvage tugs!

Remember real anchor handling - no shark's jaws, no hydraulic karm forks or any of that...! - and the great old days of 1:1 both in the UK and overseas!

Regards,

Ddraigmor

Dyflin

Visit site
What will the implication be for the UK sector be now that Gordon Brown has hit the north sea for extra tax revenue?

landaftaf

Visit site
not claiming to being an expert ........ I have just returned from a month operating out of abz, and the locals think it will depress the recent upsurge in activity.
however - I expect the unexpected extra tax was not that unexpected as windfall taxes have been grabbed by hmg before.
committed projects would be costly to cancel, however, marginal fields would be re-examined for profitability once again - although there are 'grants' for exploration .... reducing the overall impact in that area. so any adverse effects would probably be reflected in a few years when a slow down in investment in those marginal areas take hold.
at 55$ a barrel even 20% tax is a nice overall earner.

and who knows who will be in power then - let alone who will be chanceller.

this 'windfall tax' can be removed to stimulate the industry just as easily as it was imposed.

IMO of course /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Signed Out

Visit site
If the sentiments I see in certain corners follow here, I don't know how welcome I'll be, but I am a surveyor, often working on these fellows, all over the place, but mostly N Sea. This year mostly Skandis and Technips.

huatong

Visit site
You know a guy Name TREVOR CRAWFORD.
I worked with him at Tanajib Dissaster Control during the Kuwait Liberation,also from Al Jubail with the Mine Locating Unit from ARAMCO during this time.