Advice: Recommended Surveyors & Repairers

JoshE

Visit site
Hi,

I am wondering whether anyone can recommend a good yacht surveyor and also a top notch repairer?
Our 31 foot yacht was recently damaged and we would like to know if anyone has had good experience of surveyors or repairers in our area - the boat is based in Essex.

We need a good surveyor to do an damage report / structural survey on the yacht. It is a 1990 GRP yacht.

We would like to know if there are any insurance approved repairers that have proved competent and good to work with? The repair is a structural one to a monocoque hull.

Thanks in advance,

JoshE

ex-Gladys

Visit site
Major point, whereabouts in Essex? It's a big county.
I would have expected your insurance company to appoint a surveyor. Gladys was badly t-boned on the mooring in 2006, the insurers appointed David Cannell as the Surveyor, and Fox's did the repair (brilliantly I may add)...

Aurai

Visit site
Hello Josh

I can vouch for Alf, even to the point of giving him a call to discuss your needs and he will cheerfully advise on your local surveyors, if your bit of Essex is to far from Kent? He is a member of our club and we are happy to use him, so best give him a call and decide for yourself.

http://www.marinesurveyorskent.co.uk

Cheers

MagicalArmchair

Visit site
Hello Josh

I can vouch for Alf, even to the point of giving him a call to discuss your needs and he will cheerfully advise on your local surveyors, if your bit of Essex is to far from Kent? He is a member of our club and we are happy to use him, so best give him a call and decide for yourself.

http://www.marinesurveyorskent.co.uk

Cheers

+1 - he was instrumental in getting Triolas mast truss sorted. Alf is a top chap