Advice on Princess 35

OAF

Visit site
After taking everyones comments on hull types in to account i have made a descision (right or wrong) to go for a planning hull, i am looking at the Princess 35, several reasons but i do like the space inside and at 35 foot it fits the length that i want, i have viewed several boats and had a sea trial and am ready to make an offer on one. Just thought i would get some feed back from you guys as to there sea keeping abilities and a general view of what you think about them.

Regards OAF

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Look at the one at Shamrock quay up with Burton Waters, you may be lucky as its one of there stock boats and they have had it for sale for a long time now.

Its also got the bigger spec engines , cummins 250hp it will push it along quite nice, dont go for one with tamd40b 165hp engines as there underpowered for sea use, the tamd41 200hp is a good one, but get a survey on whatever you go for, maybe a separate engine survey if your not too good with the engineering side, I can help you with that if you wish.

There good sea boats mby ran one for a number of years.

Look for the usuall inside interior fit problems like leaky windows, sagging panels and rooflinings.

The weakest link in the volvo engined models are, overheating, and the ms3/4 mechanical gearboxes get these checked on sea trial for slipping and cone clutch problems.

The cummins based units have twin disc gearboxes and are hydraulic clutches which last longer and give a smoother shift.

OAF

Visit site
Cheers Paul

I have a background in engineering fortunatley! the engines on the boat i am considering are volo ad41's and have only done 700 hrs! its just had an excellent survey showing no problems!

I did consider one with the cummins engines but disregarded it for lots of reasons!

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Would have thought that by now, any gear box issues, should have been rectified, as they were utter crap. Mine has hydraulic boxes at great expense.

By now most should have had the upholstery renewed at least once. Would not touch one that hasn't. It shows neglect.

Overheating. Never experienced that one. Except, there are silly O rings used instead of propper couplings and can leak occasionally. Bit of vasaline sorts it. Heat exchangers can eventually get blocked. Suppose all would suffer from that.

But the engines dont over heat, long as they have water in them.