Advice from liveaboards wintering

F

fiveflipflops

Hi, we wintered 03/04 from Lagos moving east to Almerimar. Returning to boat Sept 04 looking for advice recommendations for wintering 04/05. Unfortunately do not want to go much further east than Barcelona. Has anyone wintered in the Balerics? if so could you pass on some useful advise or does anybody have any suggestions?

(We have searched the threads and haven't managed to find quite the right information).

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I have some friends who spent last winter in Puerto Andraitx in Mallorca. I stayed with them on board for a few days, very pleasant place, quiet but plenty of shops and restaurants, regular buses to capital, clean, friendly and not too expensive. Certainly worth considering.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Abigail

www.sailblogs.com
We also had friends who overwintered in Palma itself. Plenty of work on the posh boats if that's what you need, shops, connections etc. When we visited them there were several liveaboard boats there all very comfortable.

Or there's Barcelona itself of course, and there have been people posting from there on these boards in the past. It sounds good but II can't speak from personal experience.

Let us know what you find!

<hr width=100% size=1>Sarah & Pip

www.greatlittleboats.com
UK & Ireland distributors of Swifgig

dart

Visit site
Palma would be the best place to be stuck all winter or if you want somewhere cheap look at San Antonio on Ibiza. Or you could keep moving, perhaps stay a month in each place. We cruised all last winter and I can recommend it. If you are careful its fine and heaven compared with Jul/Aug. We were never turned away from a marina. You get to visit places that are prohibitively expensive or full in summer.

<hr width=100% size=1>Marine weather maps by mobile: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zipget.com>ZipGet</A>

bobd

Visit site
allthough the most expensive marina on earth in the summer , formentera outer basin is only approx 1000e 6 mnths winter try there first

<hr width=100% size=1>

dart

Visit site
We thought Formentera was an (expensive) dump. Surely you are not suggesting it would be be better than Palma for 6 months?

<hr width=100% size=1>Marine weather maps by mobile: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zipget.com>ZipGet.com</A>

Paulka

Visit site
Have a look <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.formenteramar.com/english/mooringtariffsC.htm>at FormenteraMar</A> for the wintering prices.
As I remember, there is en even cheaper possibility if you pay in advance for a given long stay. Say two or more months.
Of course, Formentera is completely dead in wintertime, and the link to Ibiza could be cut for several days in case of bad weather.
Palma - Real Club Nautico - is a much better place, but a much more expansive one as well.

I'll be in Formentera during the first week of september.

<hr width=100% size=1>