Ads at the top of my YBW screen

William_H

Visit site
I don't kniow if it is a purely local thing or a function of Firefox but I get advertisements covering the top of the screen. The ad itself does not cover so much but any click on top part immediately takes me away to the advertiser. My only way to revert to list of posts is to go to the bottom of the page and the only way to log out is to reload the screen and hit log out quickly before ad appears.Access to previous post discussions is denied. Does anyone else have this problem. I don'tobject to ads ot pay for then site but these are making the forum unuasable. ol'will

Neeves

Visit site
I'm with you.

I get ads only for 20th Century Studios, specifically Alien

It only covers the top of the introduction to YBW, Home Forums, What's New, the PMs and Alerts. It takes time to fill the screen and if I'm quick I can swap to PBO or Scuttlebutt and check my alerts. Once I scroll down to the posts the nuisance ad disappears (cemented firmly to the introductory screen)

So the Forum is quite accessible - but if YBW want to increase readership and attract more members and thus increase income with more ads this facet is not a good selling point - in fact its a discouragement and the ads are destroying the medium they wish to use - its all seems counter productive. If 20th Century Studios want to attract me to their offerings - they are going the wrong way about it.

I recall something similar, or the same, was the subject of a previous post and an answer ? was 'use a different ad blocker'.

Jonathan

Irish Rover

Visit site
I have the add free version of YBW which, apparently, is only available to selected subscribers. @Fr J Hackett sent me a link for it some time ago. Send him a pm and a small donation for his church's poor box and he'll sort you out.

Greg2

Visit site
I installed Ad Block Pro from the App Store. Seems to do the job.

Last edited:

Neeves

Visit site
So a Forum needs you to instal an ad blocker - and then most people don't see ads.

The owners need to find another source of income, if most people don't see ads. Why would advertisers pay for a service that does not deliver.

Odd world

Jonathan

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
I don't kniow if it is a purely local thing or a function of Firefox but I get advertisements covering the top of the screen. The ad itself does not cover so much but any click on top part immediately takes me away to the advertiser. My only way to revert to list of posts is to go to the bottom of the page and the only way to log out is to reload the screen and hit log out quickly before ad appears.Access to previous post discussions is denied. Does anyone else have this problem. I don'tobject to ads ot pay for then site but these are making the forum unuasable. ol'will
I occasionally get a "Privacy" message thingy from YBW popping up when I open up the forum. Gives a load of choices and stops ads.