AD41P hours blank

Momac

Visit site
This is a common fault with volvo penta hour counters in the tachometer.
they may come back to life now and again.
the hour counters can be replaced

Plum

Visit site
When I got my Targa 33 bother the engine hour meters showed around 430 on each. Now they have both gone blank.

Any ideas folks?

As said already, a common problem that I have too. Mine comes to life again when the weather is warm and dry (so you may not see yours again till next summer!) but the hours reading is not lost and is still counting. One of the fixes I have seen replaces the LCD display in the revcounter with a dedicated hours counter that starts recording from zero and does not just display the stored hours record. For now, I have installed a totally separate hours counter from http://www.suntekstore.co.uk/produc...ur_meter_gauge_for_boat_car_truck_engine.html then connected it to a battery for, in your case, 430 hours, then fitted it out of sight in the services locker so i can check when maintenance is due.

Colin www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
One of the fixes I have seen replaces the LCD display in the revcounter with a dedicated hours counter that starts recording from zero and does not just display the stored hours record.

The LCD display in the original unit is already a dedicated hours counter. The link I gave above included instructions for its replacement with a new (non OEM) LCD display. Obviously that starts again at zero but can be set to a desired amount by plugging it onto a 12v supply!

Andromeda9866

Visit site
Mine did the same but it flashed the hours up in the hot summer sun so whilst I new what it was remove and replace the lcd hour counter in the gauge following the Sealine link posted above to about 2 hours to first one once done first second was proberly about 45 mins then commented to battery left connected until correct hours are showing be like this all this session and counting correctly used displays from RS cost about £25 in total

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Mine did the same but it flashed the hours up in the hot summer sun so whilst I new what it was remove and replace the lcd hour counter in the gauge following the Sealine link posted above to about 2 hours to first one once done first second was proberly about 45 mins then commented to battery left connected until correct hours are showing be like this all this session and counting correctly used displays from RS cost about £25 in total

For those who aren't members of the Sealine forum I assume these is the instructions:

https://verl900.wordpress.com/technical-articles/vp-md2020-tachometer-repair/