A strange sight off Walton today

sailorman

Visit site
I have never seen anything like this before
IMG_2391.jpg

PeterWright

Visit site
Better than the louts in jet skis, I suppose. :ambivalence:

The one I saw a couple of years ago off Lorient had a jetski as the pump - the hose just plugged into the jetski's discharge. This, of course, renders the jetski immobile, probably a good thing from the point of view of the individual on the water pogo. I can't see whether the craft in Sailorman's pic is actually a speedboat or jetski. If it's a speedboat, I suspect it's a jet powered one which comes equipped with a poweful water pump - much favoured by water skiers as they don't feature a limb mincing machine at the aft end.

Incidentally, thanks Sailorman, for posting so many great pics of our home cruising ground.

Peter

Habebty

Visit site
Better than the louts in jet skis, I suppose. :ambivalence:

Like the 8-9 jet skis that came up the Orwell line abreast at 12-14 knots taking up the whole channel. Got called a wanker for not smiling and waving back though :)
HHA called up ONS warning that the jet skiers were on their way who promptly despatched "Volunteer" to head them off at the pass. HHA also said they had tracked them on radar from Clacton which isn't bad going for a small craft with no reflector!

sailorman

Visit site
Like the 8-9 jet skis that came up the Orwell line abreast at 12-14 knots taking up the whole channel. Got called a wanker for not smiling and waving back though :)
HHA called up ONS warning that the jet skiers were on their way who promptly despatched "Volunteer" to head them off at the pass. HHA also said they had tracked them on radar from Clacton which isn't bad going for a small craft with no reflector!
HHA use better radar than the Raymarine stuff :encouragement: