A sleepless night..............

B175Chris

Visit site
And i thought my snoring was bad /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Doesnt compare with the sound often heard in PG of an evening, sailboats have these wind chimes at the top of the mast, and the noise of the rigging, dont get me started! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shannoner

Visit site
Ah yes I know it well, there are no fairleads on my boat. As regards sleep, I find that 6+ pints and a couple of Jamesons will help /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Alistairr

Visit site
I hope that isn't the sound of another Absolute creaking away, if it is, then I'll be heading straight for the Fairline stand at SIBS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Al. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mjkinch1

Visit site
washing up liquid is a good idea - we have a rather old and unloved boat next to us that the ropes squeak all night - I was tempted to spray them with WD40, but thought knowing my luck it would rot the ropes and the boat will keep hitting mine.

I did in the end put a tea towel between the cleat and rope which helped a bit, but it still drives me nuts (Peter Kay Joke : whats that steering wheel doing down the front of your trousers - dunno - buts its driving me nuts.......boom boom)

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
we have a rather old and unloved boat next to us that the ropes squeak all night

[/ QUOTE ]

Our ropes creak quite a bit when there is a blow (which is quite often on the Costa Brava) and the solution for us is just to pour water on them.....works a treat and seems to be effective all night.

mjkinch1

Visit site
Hi David - Water - good idea. We are off tomorrow for a spell on the boat so will give it a try. Anything you can think off for those long cable things that flap all night on the raggies when the wind blows?