a reliable web site

G

I've been following various posts over the past couple of months on the forums and there seems to be a lack of comfort in dealing with the online chandlry's (oops spell). I've often bought all sorts of things online and have never had any real problems, but those mentioned on these forums give the opposite view.

This makes me very wary of trying to purchase any boating stuff over the net.

I am interested in any good/reliable marine web sites which offer a wide range of products at competitive prices who can be relied on to deliver on time, every time. (ps and who are based in or will deliver to the UK)

Thnaks

Martin

Suggestions?

G

I purchased two anchors from Jimmy Green Marine, at a total price of £25 including carrage on their "super deals" on their web site. They arrived three days later in the north of Scotland.

G

One of the problems with catalogue type sales, whether they be web based or catalogue/tel sales is that they take the order (and usually the money!) then place the order on a third party who are responsible for despatch. If the third party is out of stock nobody tells you and you could wait months...always ask the question "is it in stock?" regards David

G

What David says above is treu. This has happened to me with the online shop from this very site, twice, and from a couple of other UK mail order/online chandlers. I've also ordered from the U.S (West Marine) and always had the goods within the week. If THEY can do it......

G

I use a company called West Marine in the USA and have had goods delivered in 2 days,also all the prices are in US dollars and the savings are amazing sometimes almost half the price of the UK.www.westmarine.com is their website but you should freephone for the catalogue 0800 895473 Hope this is of some help.

G

If you pay by credit card then the supplier is legally obliged to process the transaction only on the date that the goods are despatched. If you have someone who takes the money when the order is placed and then takes weeks to despatch, moan like hell!

G

Try globaldirect.co.uk a very good site with lots of useful links. Compass have never given me any problems and dispatch is usually same day.