A nice article about Jester by Mike Richey

Bajansailor

Visit site
Here is a nice article by Mike Richey about the 'new' Jester's maiden transatlantic passage back in 1992 - copied from the November 1992 issue of YM

Edit - I have re-scanned this article and posted it in a new thread - it is slightly easier to read, but not much. :(

Last edited:

Gargleblaster

Visit site
Excellent, but hard to read. Reminded me I have to do something about reading water temperature. In 2006 and 2007 I had a Raymarine log which would give me a water temperature readout. I have replaced that with a NASA log as I find Nasa instruments are more resistant to salt water ingress [my Raymarine log instrument head had become intermittent and finally failed]. The easiest solution I suppose is to buy a stainless steel thermometer and throw it over the side on a piece of string every six hours [when I make a log entry].

Anyone got any other ideas on water temperature reading?

Bajansailor

Visit site
Re hard to read, oooops, sorry, I shouldnt have reduced the scanned copies down so much.
I was thinking that it would be easier to read if printed out, but have just tried a sheet, and it is still rather hazy.