A most useful tool..

chris-s

Visit site
I’m not sure I’ve seen this mentioned often if at all, but one really useful tool/gadget is this…

5EC77378-901D-4A24-B913-1F4F32214413.jpeg

… a ten meter wifi endoscope that works with an app on your phone or tablet to just view or capture images or video of what you couldn’t otherwise see.

I’ve hauled it up inside masts, shoved it round the back of cabinetry, down cable runs, up outboard motor legs, down dipstick tubes and just yesterday after descaling my VP2003 using its ‘right-angled adapter, thru the bypass tube to check the exit holes along its length (there isn’t enough space behind the engine to remove it without taking cabinetry apart).

1761C6A7-5780-45BA-9813-B22F1F99F784.jpeg

Of course, it also has a myriad of other less nautical uses like looking for rats nests in crawl spaces 😠

You have missed Mother’s Day, but you still have time to start dropping hints for Father’s Day.

Chris

Daydream believer

Visit site
I had to have one of those inserted up the rear end to remove a rather large growth some years ago. Then for several years I had to go for annual checkups. One time I was laying on my side on the theatre table whilst 2 very pretty nurses were setting up the screen & probe. The surgeon had his back to them & did not see what they were doing. Due to the pain I had endured when they cut the piece out before, they decided to put me right out. So they were waiting for me to go under.
As I was going drowsy one nurse had the probe & one was tuning the screen where I could see it. As the probe was moved around, I could see the room. Suddenly the nurse slipped the probe up the skirt of her colleague. When I had the original opp my heart stopped beating & they had a panic to re start it. I cannot help thinking that if it had happened again & I had died, at least I had died with a picture of---- well I will leave it to your imagination. But these cameras really do have good image intensity.
Last thing I heard was the surgeon saying "Oiy, stop that if I see you doing that again you are both out of my theatre for good"
But I did not mind :love:

Bouba

Visit site
I had to have one of those inserted up the rear end to remove a rather large growth some years ago. Then for several years I had to go for annual checkups. One time I was laying on my side on the theatre table whilst 2 very pretty nurses were setting up the screen & probe. The surgeon had his back to them & did not see what they were doing. Due to the pain I had endured when they cut the piece out before, they decided to put me right out. So they were waiting for me to go under.
As I was going drowsy one nurse had the probe & one was tuning the screen where I could see it. As the probe was moved around, I could see the room. Suddenly the nurse slipped the probe up the skirt of her colleague. When I had the original opp my heart stopped beating & they had a panic to re start it. I cannot help thinking that if it had happened again & I had died, at least I had died with a picture of---- well I will leave it to your imagination. But these cameras really do have good image intensity.
Last thing I heard was the surgeon saying "Oiy, stop that if I see you doing that again you are both out of my theatre for good"
But I did not mind :love:
Are you saying that a nurse put it up another nurse’s skirt after it had been up your jaxie ?

William_H

Visit site
I got one hoping to see what the halyards were doing inside my mast. A total failure for me. A very detailed picture close up but i could not sort out what I was looking at. Gave it to son who successfully used it to look inside structure of his guitar. ol'will

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
They're not ! The LED lights are the problem ... they cause the image to blur due to the amount of light.

Had one for few years now ... and other thing is they need a late version of IOS / Android and OTG ....

BUT it is useful to search out blockages or to see into awkward spots.
Agree. I've tried two but both kept crashing. My tablet was too low powered or android version too old. Wonder if you can buy a used one from the hospital .

Leighb

Visit site
Agree. I've tried two but both kept crashing. My tablet was too low powered or android version too old. Wonder if you can buy a used one from the hospital .
I doubt if the hospital ones are likely to be long enough for boating uses? I was surprised about the voyeuristic nurse, all the nurses I have ever seen in theatre wore scrubs, not skirts?

Bouba

Visit site
I doubt if the hospital ones are likely to be long enough for boating uses? I was surprised about the voyeuristic nurse, all the nurses I have ever seen in theatre wore scrubs, not skirts?
Perhaps he was watching Carry On Nurse, before his general anesthetic