a few dumb questions about the Thames....

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am a Teddington lad. used

[/ QUOTE ]

So you were a 'Teddy Boy' sideburns, drainpipes, beetle crushers and Brylcream. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ramage

Visit site
No Byron, I was not born until 1960.

The Teddy boys died out by 1962 in London. Probably still in vogue in your neck of the woods though.....

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G,D & R.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No Byron, I was not born until 1960.

The Teddy boys died out by 1962 in London. Probably still in vogue in your neck of the woods though.....

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G,D & R.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, in 1962 when-ever home from the Merch I lived in Berwick Street, Soho and was a hard and fast mod complete with Vespa GS, shoes by Stan Vartholamue of Battersea, suits by Sammy Arkus (still make for me today), College Boy Haircut by Teezy Weezy and hanging out at mod places like the Lyceum, Top Ten 10 Club and the Zambezi.

Ramage

Visit site
"I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat"

The 'Oo.

I had a teacher at school who was a major Who fan.
Coolest teacher of all, even if he did teach Maths....

theguvnor

Visit site
I had a Royal Enfield Cruisader Sport - hang outs were Ace Cafe, Windsor Coffee Bar & The Busy Bee at Watford.

Didn`t I punch you once?? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I had a Royal Enfield Cruisader Sport - hang outs were Ace Cafe, Windsor Coffee Bar & The Busy Bee at Watford.

Didn`t I punch you once?? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Punch me? not a chance, I was on my toes at the first hint of trouble. With what my clothes cost I couldn't afford to get them messed up in a fight.
I remember the Ace & the Busy bee, the Ace is still there and still a haunt of Bikers except that today they are in their late 50s & 60s and riding Hogs you could only dream about back then. My mate still sometimes goes there on his Harley (if the weather is fine).