A day in the live of a liveaboard

sailaboutvic

Visit site
A day in the life of a liveaboard

Over the last few weeks we been doing some hard sailing and very little TLC on the old girl . All that charge this morning ,
06.30 as the light was breaking and still a cool breeze saw me on deck with coffee in one hand and cleaning product in the other ,
the SS was looking a bit on the brown side in places , first job was to get the abrasive stuff and get rid of all the brown looking stuff .
Next job give the deck a fresh soapy water wash
Another coffee call for
Back to the SS using a clearer
And another coffee this time delivered by the co skipper who got up wondering what on earth I was doing this early in the morning .
Back to the SS this time with the polish .
time to have my fourth coffee .
Do at all the winches and turnbuckles,
Wiping down all the windows with fresh water ,
Finish just in time for the arrival of the co skipper with fresh bread .
Ok maybe I didn't do much the rest of the day ,
Although I have been a bit high , wonder why
to morrow time to give the decks another clean and this time get some polish and wax on the non standing parts .
So was your day advent full ?

OH Yea the heading was suppose to be A day in the life of a live a board , bloody predicted text

Last edited:

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Re: A day in the life of a liveaboard

Well we don't have a water maker but have watched enviously as a nearby catermoron hosed the boat each day from stem to stern (well not that enviously as it was OTT). Today we took a 20 min dinghy ride to shore to do laundry, bought some camping gaz, did a little shopping, found some spares for the Jabsco loo (unexpected bonus) and had a coffee. Busy afternoon with lunch, sleeping, followed by a bottle of fizz (wife's birthday). Now off for an evening meal (40 min. round trip in dinghy).

Another busy day, perhaps I'll get around to fitting loo spares tomorrow (or not :D:D). It's a hard life but I manage to struggle through each day with a bit of grit and determination,

PS
Missing Drougas greek coffee in Porto Heli. 3 euro for 2 coffees including a bottle of chilled water and 2 helpings of cake, bun etc.

Last edited:

dslittle

Visit site

Got up late. Walked to Carrefour to buy vinegar to put down forward heads before servicing seals (with spares kit that I had to get sent out from UK...). Put vinegar down loo. Decided to leave it to do its job and service seals later. Meanwhile wife did big wash in Marina machine at €3. Walked to Lidl to buy more wine. Decided to check out new wine. Wrote this.
All in all, quite a busy day in paradise.

nortada

Visit site

Not surprising that some common things are popping up. Shopping, washing, fix something (usually heads related), sleep and drink. Although one oddball brought up something about sailing, not certain that will catch on.

Liveaboards only go sailing when they have guests or there is nothing better to do.

Converting the family home back to a boat is no small undertaking!

sailaboutvic

Visit site

Takes us about half an hour. :encouragement:

Takes us how ever long it takes to turn the nav equipment on start the engine and haul the anchor .

Except after our winter stop over , then it takes some time to put everything away and turn the boat back into a moving home and not just a home .

capnsensible

Visit site

During a recent delivery I had some time to consider how Im gonna refit my cockpit locker, it really does need a good clean and paint. So yesterday morning I emptied the contents into the centre cockpit and started cleaning.

Then my phone rang asking me to skipper a charter cat in the afternoon. Ive also been asked to do that again today. And last night a recently repaired tooth fell to bits so at 1130 i get that fixed.

On thursday Im taking out some friends on their boat for a short sail in the morning and our neighbour out on his boat in the evening to look at MOB and how to rig for downwind.

Friday and Saturday we are off to Fuertaventura with some other friends on their Bav 37. Cat again on Sunday.

Sooo, typical liveaboard start job on one day and it will be days until I get around to finishing whilst having to climb over a mountain of stuff in the cockpit. :ambivalence:

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com