A bit of good news.

Norman_E

Visit site
I arranged for my boat to have about ten years worth of old antifoul scraped off, and the hull epoxy coat renewed, and primer applied.  The report from the man who supervised the work is that the hull is in very good condition with low moisture readings, and no blisters.   That's the good news.

Now for the bad news, its 8AM here in Marmaris, and I am just about to start the the long slog of putting on two coats of antifouling.

C

Chrusty1

You poor old bugger! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sarabande

Visit site
those lovey people ar Europeanboatcrewexploitingdotcon will be delighted to find you some low paid assistance. Do you have their contact details ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

whipper_snapper

Visit site
You paid for some other poor bugger to do the horrible jobs!

You now have a fun gloopy job that is almost impossible to screw-up! Stop moaning and get on with it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

C

Chrusty1

Talking of "gloopy"....what is that in your avatar.........it looks like a technicolour yawn??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Richard10002

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Now for the bad news, its 8AM here in Marmaris, and I am just about to start the the long slog of putting on two coats of antifouling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are two days behind me - if it's any consolation, it's very satisfying when it's finished.

I'm off to polish the port shipsides today, then waxing both tomorrow.

Have a nice day!!

Richard

PeterGibbs

Visit site
Q - Now for the bad news, its 8AM here in Marmaris, and I am just about to start the the long slog of putting on two coats of antifouling.

Don't forget the primer - otherwise you won't build up another find crust of dead paint for some other mut to remove in 10 years' time....

PWG

Norman_E

Visit site
Primer was already on, first coat of navy blue Hempel Olympic 86900 went on this morning, second coat (black) will go on tomorrow, then on Saturday all the props will be moved so that the patches can be scraped, epoxied, primed and given two coats before launch on the 23rd.