9 ton Hillyard Check up from the deck up.

Seanick

www.nickgates.co.uk
Heres a load of pics to show work we have done to a 9 ton Hillyard. Something to watch on a wet sunday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxu2tCB2Ak&list=UU42a5hXKsIR1ikjYzAHYUHA

The cabin sides had been painted for the last 40 years so getting them back to a bright finish took plenty of repairs.
Interestingly she crossed the atlantic in 1978. We have just removed the brackets that held the Aries.

Sniper

Visit site
I enjoyed that (once I'd got rid of the music in the early part!). It's always reassuring to see an old wooden boat with some localised rot being repaired without recourse to ripping absolutely everything out regardless; so much more cost effective. I'm sure that with an almost limitless budget some might say that the whole cabin should have been replaced, but for those of us with limited funds its always good to see how things can be repaired.

Wansworth

Visit site
My first job was working in Hillyards back in 1969 .The first job was wheelbarrowing the new black varnished iron pigs out to the dock to ballast down a brand new 9 toner, beautiful ,everything shining ,new ropes.After a while the new foreman,a young man reckoned as I delivered yetmor3 ballast that there was too much so we called a halt and had a smoke..