6 month marina berth?

G

It's renewal time for our marina berth - and we've hit a dilemma..... We plan to sell our current boat in 6 months time, the start seriously looking for a larger replacement. Our current marina only offers 12 month contracts - giving any refunds "where appropriate" only if they place a new berth holder in our existing berth. £2400 for 12 months is good value, but for 6 months....?

Is this standard practice in the south coast/Solent? Does anyone offer monthly berths?

Thanks,
Ruth

G

Depends on your draft and requirements etc.

But Southsea Marina, Hayling Yacht Co., etc. as far as I know will offer monthly rental ..... at Hayling it works out at 10% additional to pay monthly ....... but most will agree 1/4ly if pressed ............ strange if they dont.

A phone round is called for ......... cash up front is also a strong argument !!!!! Yes it works - even in UK !!!!

Nigel ...
Bilge Keelers get up further ! I only came - cos they said there was FREE Guinness !

FlyingSpud

Visit site
MDL will effectively let you take 12 months, but then suspend the contract when you sell until the new boat is able to move in, at least that is the deal I did with them in Chatham, no doubt JW can confirm this is still correct, the advantage is you still get it at the yearly rate, rather than the more expensive 6 month rates. You have to go back, if I remember correctly in 18 months or something like that.

G

John,

Thanks for the info on MDL's approach - it sounds very reasonable for both parties. I shall enquire with Premier as to whether they can offer an equivalent service....

Ruth