31 days

helixkimara

Visit site
Thought I'd better write something before the threads disappeared. 31 days to go before the JC2010, I suppose all the Skippers taking part in the "Challenge" won't have time to sit down.
I imagine some of you will be saying "I should of done this or replaced this or fixed this Months ago" A stressful but exciting time. I really wish I was going.
Fray Bentos pie stocks have gone through the roof lately (Apparently they are going to offer John Apps a directorship for his good work on their part). Bucket sales have also soared. French buckets slightly ahead of British. Apparently, one more "guideline" has been added to the "non rules" it states that "Any more than 2 buckets have to be towed behind" That'll slow the French Skippers down a bit. They have no idea of "turns each" IT WAS OUR TURN TO COME IN FIRST IN THE JAC2008.
I bet the spectacle at QAB and the start will be fantastic.
I hope a website or something is going to be set up so we can keep a track of what's happening.
Very Very best wishes during these final preparation times.

Malcome (ex Helix)

We always win in the end. We just don't know where the end is sometimes.

jesterchallenger

Visit site
Tracking

Those of us with the necessary technology aboard (SPOT, Iridium etc)will (may!) be sending back positions reports. I believe Eric, first over the line in JC06, will be collating as many as he can and posting the positions on www.oceanracetrack.com to give anyone interested in following our progress some idea of what's happening overall. There are one or two of us with satellite phones who will post progress reports on the mailasail web site, www.mailasail.com , so that's another site to watch.

Gosh, only 30 days to go! I think I'm ready, but the 'things to do' list still keeps getting longer.....I guess if you wait until you're ready, you'd never leave the marina. And that's the value of the Jester Challenge, having a deadline and knowing that it's the same for everyone else. Speaking personally, I would add that the interest and support of other Jester Challengers, friends, family, work colleagues, clients and everyone I come into contact with has been fantastic and very motivating, so a big thank you to you all. Even the visa chap at the US embassy wished me well, adding the now familiar refrain... 'you must be mad!'.

Duncan & Vaquero

Noddy

Visit site
Its all gone very quiet Malcolm.

I guess they are all keeping shtum about which route they are planning to take.

Or they are all drunk out of their brains in Plymouth.

Are you coming down to see them off?

Paul

helixkimara

Visit site
Hi Paul,
I was going down to see them as an open family day on my sons ship had been arranged BUT the ship isn't very well and needs loads of work before its tour of the Caribbean(RN/Thompson's Holiday tours) so family day was cancelled. I'd dearly love to see all the ikle yachts and support the Skippers but times are really hard (penny wise).
I've JUST bought a Junk rigg carribee and a trailer (on ebay). so plan to "Roger it !" for the 2012JAC or borrow my sons westerly windrush 25 (Which also needs "Rogering")

By "Rogering" I don't mean anything to do with my little white butty bobbing up and down on the keel. I mean "Roger Taylor it", make it unsinkable an nat !
If you go, take loads of photo's please.

Best wishes
Malcome