30 Year Mooring in Spain

stamford

Visit site
A new marina is being constructed in a part of Spain that I really like (very close to Barcelona). In order to help fund it berths are being offered for a 30 year lease. For a 12m x 4m the price is around £22k. I would be interested to hear if anyone has purchased a similar offer and/or what the general opinion is of a deal like this? It is underwritten by the Port of Catalunya so hopefully is fairly "secure".

<hr width=100% size=1>

mikewilkes

Visit site
New one being built on north side of city, near Badalona but dony know its name. The new entrance to the old port has "left" a wee bit of water that allegedly is going to be turned into a marina. There is also another one under developement down the coast - but does not seem to be progressing very well. It fact the free nautical paper a couple of years ago had this one down as the best thing since sliced bread. I seem to remember the name is Duart or something like it.

<hr width=100% size=1>

mikewilkes

Visit site
Just remembered the new one on the north of the city is being built as part of forum 2004, this is basically a huge buiding site on probably the only land just about left to build on in the city.

<hr width=100% size=1>

lezgar

Visit site
In Spain see is public property and you buy the right to use a berth for a number of years. Process is the same that for to buy a house, you have to pay taxes and you can register in the Property Register. Is not exactly a lease because you only lost the right of use after the 30 years if this area of see is going to be used for public purposes. You can find a lot of moorings for sale and rent in Spain in www.buscoamarre.com

<hr width=100% size=1>