275 Outdrive Reverse Latch

RCKWilson

Visit site
Hi

Trouble with reverse latch AQ131 275

The push rod that operates the reverse latch has bent and come loose. on inspection I can see that there is not a sleeve on the thread. If it's still in there any ideas on removal and would anyone have a solution to this or point me in the right direction of obtaining a new thrust rod and sleeve.I can find latch kits & springs but not the rod & sleeve.

Thanks again.

oldgit

Visit site
Hi

Trouble with reverse latch AQ131 275

The push rod that operates the reverse latch has bent and come loose. on inspection I can see that there is not a sleeve on the thread. If it's still in there any ideas on removal and would anyone have a solution to this or point me in the right direction of obtaining a new thrust rod and sleeve.I can find latch kits & springs but not the rod & sleeve.

Thanks again.

From memory that rod and the bits are available but you may have to get them from Volvo as do not think there are any pattern parts around.Keyparts would be my first port of call and get the diagrams off the interweb to see how it all comes to bits.Although its looks a real birdsnest,it is a fairly simple job and only fiddly bit is adjusting rod length correctly.