25lbs Sowester CQR type anchor for sale

bluedragon

Visit site
I've got one sitting on the balcony. Probably from the late 80s / 90s (when they made a better job of making of them than some of the copies I've seen in the chandlers!).

I don't need it (the balcony is well anchored to the building /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif), so any interest at £25? I can meet-up with you at CBYC, Penarth or Milford Marina. It's in pretty good nick, with just a few small patches of galvanising loss on the tip and along the blade edges, which I've treated with rust inhibitor.

If you want to P.M. me with your e-mail I'll send you a couple of photographs.

Sneds

Visit site
........... I was so looking forward to doing the "balcony is anchored to the building" gag /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluedragon

Visit site
Well I've got a 6kgs Danforth sitting alongside the toilet (seriously!)...that should open up some joke possibilities /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My sister thought it was a sculpture!!

bluedragon

Visit site
Strange isn't it....whenever a new anchor thread comes up, all the CQR fans rush in to say it's the greatest anchor ever...then nobody wants to buy one, even at a scrap metal price. Ah well, I quite like it on the balcony...perhaps I should paint it pink or something. At least it'll be a talking point /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
I sold my GENUINE 35lb CQR last week for about that price. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My other 25lb one I have even been trying to swap for eg charts, but no takers yet /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps I should paint it pink or something

[/ QUOTE ] A fisherman here painted his Bruce bower anchor with pink spots for a larf a couple of years ago, much to the distress of his partners. Has it worn off yet? Nope /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bluedragon

Visit site
Confirms my point even more Damo! A genuine CQR of that weight costs many hundreds of pounds new now...so why could you only get what would seem a give-away price? Puzzling...

I might just put a notice on the bertholders board at MH Marina and hope that during the summer someone needs an anchor in a hurry! Trouble is I've then got to carry the damn thing around with me! I had FIVE anchors on board a 27 footer last year, hence the fact that two are now at home.

Maybe I'll hold off on the pink spots following your advice /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
A genuine CQR of that weight costs many hundreds of pounds new now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The nice thing is that I bought it from a "chandlery" in Ilfracombe (while anchored in the Range /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ), where it was sold as second hand but unused, for £45. I nearly bit the guys arm off when I saw the price, and the look on his face as I was leaving and told him I'd just saved a couple of hundred quid /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But those were the days when I thought it was an ideal anchor. Now it's slightly bent, and has never been easy to set on hard ground, so anything I could get for it was welcome (Anything to help offset the cost of my new Manson /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Re: Another 25lbs CQR anchor for sale!

Well, now bluedragon has sold his cqr-type anchor, I can hijack his thread /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif - anyone want to buy a Genuine 25lb CQR??

Hinge holes are slightly worn, the rest is OK. Make me an offer

wotayottie

Visit site
Re: Another 25lbs CQR anchor for sale!

Got a genuine 35lb CQR for sale as well as a genuine Bruce. Offers?

Both excellent nick