24 volt shunts for Adverc battery monitor

All_at_Sea

Visit site
Does anyone know where l can buy a 24 volt shunt for the battery monitor Adverc DCM Mk lll. They do sell them themselves but at a price. Does anyone else know of a good, local to Portsmouth source?

savageseadog

Visit site
Hi
There's no such thing as a 24V shunt if you mean a shunt to measure the current in a charging circuit? I don't know the spec of shunt you require it's normally defined as something like so many milliohms or so many millivolts per amp. I might have what you need but I need to know the spec.

VicS

Visit site
Basically as the savage sea dog has said.

There are two versions of the monitor, one for 12 volts and one for 24 volts. (1MD01M and 1MD02M respectively)

There are two shunts, which are not related to the circuit volts. One is rated at 100 amps and the other at 200 amps. (1MS02K and 1MS03K )

They are described as 100A/100mV and 200A/ 200mV. In essence this means that they both have a resistance of 0.001 ohms (1 milliohm), the difference being the maximum continuous current which they can handle.

Shunts from any source with the same amps/mV characteristic will be suitable subject to them being able to handle the maximum current you will be putting through them.

pvb

Visit site
You haven't said, but it sounds as if you might be thinking of installing a DCM monitor in a 24v system. As Adverc sell both 12v and 24v versions of the DCM, you'd better check that you have a 24v version, otherwise you might damage it by connecting it to 24v.

As for the price of the Adverc shunts, they look pretty competitive to me. Also note that not many people make 1millivolt per amp shunts.