13ft Dory project

Blackfeather

www.blackfeatherboatcharter.com
My old Dory has been languishing in storage for 6 years. I had an idea to return her to her former glory and started stripping everything down but I really don't have the time or inclination. She may be of interest to another forumite. She is a 13ft Del Quay Dory. No idea of the year.

I have taken everything off, the seats, console, engine etc but everything is included. The outboard is a 25hp elecric start Johnson which ran fine when she was put into storage but I haven't tried to start her since (no battery). I have a new wheel and steering gear which I was going to fit. The trailer seems good, tyres still inflated.

She looks sad and needs a good dose of TLC.

Does £400 sound sensible?

PM me for details. I am near Reading

http://www.ybw.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9724&d=1298121925

http://www.ybw.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9723&stc=1&d=1298121780

Last edited:

Blackfeather

Surprise surprise I have been mucked about a an ebay bidder.

As soon as I put the Dory on Ebay the bidding went berserk and on the first day I had 6 calls offering me cash to come and collect immediately and asking me to stop the auction.

I thought it was only fair to let the auction run but everyone was bidding without seeing the boat so I decided, stupidly, to accept a cash offer of £600 'guaranteed, I won't muck about, deals a deal....'.

I wasn't at home when the 'purchaser' arrived to collect it. He then started trying to negotiate with my wife to chip the price. She called me and I said to tell him to sling his hook. On principle I wouldn't drop the price. Stupid eh?

Anyway I don't want to do Ebay again so if any genuine forumite is interested they can have it for 400 quid.

The boat needs work. The towing eye has pulled out so will need glassing in. There is no ignition switch. Everything has been taken off the boat so will need refixing. The outboard worked when last used 6 years ago but.....

It's a project but if anyone is interested please PM me. I shall be out most of today but will respond asap.

I am near Reading.

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Your best bet is to start again on ebay, and just let the auction run to the end. Then you end up dealing with just one buyer who has paid the best price.

You always get pests who want you to stop the auction - they are trying to buy it cheap so they can rebuild and resell for a profit - just tell them NO.

Blackfeather

Your best bet is to start again on ebay, and just let the auction run to the end. Then you end up dealing with just one buyer who has paid the best price.

You always get pests who want you to stop the auction - they are trying to buy it cheap so they can rebuild and resell for a profit - just tell them NO.

Not sure I can really be bothered with the scammers and schemers that seem to populate Ebay. Perhaps Boats and Outboards will be a a better bet if no one on here wants it.