☠️ FOOD FOR THOUGHT❓

nortada

Visit site
31/12/20? Surely a typo?

The UK left the EU on 31/12/2020; prior to this date, Brits already resident in the EU retained certain privileges.

Even post 31/12/20, Brits in receipt of a U.K. State Pension can still join the S1 scheme which will give them the right to free NHS care when in the UK.

Brits who retain their ordinary status in the UK, will also retain all of their rights, including free NHS care.

This is the argument for having a UK postal address.

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site
I realise you're keen on your emojis, but you might want to change your crossed fingers one.

Nah, fingers crossed for a quite life, which is why a rarely post in the restricted forums.

Emojis in thread titles manes it easy to identify threads I have started.

See you like to frequently change to change your avatar.

To make it easy to find my submissions, I rarely if ever change the dragon.?

Last edited:

shan

Visit site
Well, I don't know about Nortada but I'm certainly developing quite a tan and that's without sitting in the sun and using sun block I have only been here for a month.

nortada

Visit site
Where are these new rules published on Gov sites? S1 information still states - If you live in an EU country, you may also be eligible to apply for an S1 form once you begin to draw a UK State Pension.

It is only a newspaper article and I suspect they are referring to those who are not in receipt of a UK Pension.

We have no skin in this so I just posted it as a conversation starter.

To the best of my knowledge, there have been no changes to the rules for continued NHS cover and the requirements to retain ordinary residency, which pre-date Brexit.

Last edited: