£95,000.! what's mine worth?

rich

www.portofjersey.je
http://www.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=364181

P6170032.jpg

Firefly625

Visit site
Wooden boat prices seem to be all over the place. I've got mine on at £45k, but not a sniff. Do I drop the price? Will that bring buyers forward?
I know a very successful classic car dealer very well. He often deals in classic Jaguars and makes them very shiny and then asks the top price any jaguar of that model, as an example say an xk150 he had was priced £10k more than any other xk150 currently for sale. Well if you didn't have a budget, and you wanted the best xk150 on the market, you too would buy the most expensive advertised... Perhaps the same works for classic boats

Flynnbarr

Visit site
Don't think it's the same for cars and boats Firefly,one you can stick in a garage for free or peanuts and it won't deteriorate.It may even increase in value.
Anyone remember a thread on here from 2010 about a Bates Starcraft called Amoreena? Up for sale at 270k,wtf!
Still for sale,now under 100k
Think burgundyben may have called it right at the time,mentioning 60k.
How much has it cost the owner in the 5years unsold?

Cashbuyer

Visit site
People spend a fortune on restoration, be it a boat or car, and then expect to get the investment back when it's time to sell. It doesn't work like that. You never get back what you put in and shouldn't expect to. Looks the seller is trying to get back his investment. He'll be waiting a long time...

Firefly625

Visit site
Don't think it's the same for cars and boats Firefly,one you can stick in a garage for free or peanuts and it won't deteriorate.It may even increase in value.
Anyone remember a thread on here from 2010 about a Bates Starcraft called Amoreena? Up for sale at 270k,wtf!
Still for sale,now under 100k
Think burgundyben may have called it right at the time,mentioning 60k.
How much has it cost the owner in the 5years unsold?

Classic boats and cars I think go well together....just ask Ben to list his collection of cars.

The only other person that I know that has a proper classic motorboat that he restored for the classic round Britain race a few years ago was a classic car dealer...

The only other was me....and I restored vintage cars as a hobby

Values I agree, all over the place, basically it's what someone is willing to pay, and finding that one person....

Flynnbarr

Visit site
People spend a fortune on restoration, be it a boat or car, and then expect to get the investment back when it's time to sell. It doesn't work like that. You never get back what you put in and shouldn't expect to. Looks the seller is trying to get back his investment. He'll be waiting a long time...

Story from the Trad Rally in Henley 2015.
A chap has been restoring a Dunkirk little ship in a boatyard shed.His fiancé has found a file of bills totalling 120k.
He was told it had to go by the lovely lady....gulp! Blimey:)
He got 9k
Needs another 100k+ to finish!

Seastoke

Visit site
Story from the Trad Rally in Henley 2015.
A chap has been restoring a Dunkirk little ship in a boatyard shed.His fiancé has found a file of bills totalling 120k.
He was told it had to go by the lovely lady....gulp! Blimey:)
He got 9k
Needs another 100k+ to finish!

get another lady