Zhik 900 Sea Boots

Cowie

Visit site
I am looking at Zhik 900 Seaboots for the on coming season, has anybody had good or bad experiences with them. Over the years I have been a Dubarry
man. But think its time to change to something different

zoidberg

Visit site
I am looking at Zhik 900 Seaboots for the on coming season, has anybody had good or bad experiences with them. Over the years I have been a Dubarry

I'm a sort of traditionalist, preferring the MacAlpine's Standard Welly meself...

50653440428_34f24a3a7e_z.jpg

Better suited to the reekin' creeks of the Essex marshes and the black pills of Briz'l, these say something about their owners. :cool:
And they're only £19.95....

www.highwatersails.com
I have seen them and they look good. The idea behind them is old, rubber boots with neoprene lining, still activley made by Le Chameau, Aigle and Rouchette and activley used by a lot of different professionals.

They are very warm and waterproof and even if they do get wet they stay warm, but they are not breathable so you need to dry your feet out sometimes if you are getting hot and sweaty. Problems of leaking like breathable leather boots are also not a issue.

Cowie

Visit site
I'm a sort of traditionalist, preferring the MacAlpine's Standard Welly meself...

50653440428_34f24a3a7e_z.jpg

Better suited to the reekin' creeks of the Essex marshes and the black pills of Briz'l, these say something about their owners. :cool:
And they're only £19.95....
I have seen them and they look good. The idea behind them is old, rubber boots with neoprene lining, still activley made by Le Chameau, Aigle and Rouchette and activley used by a lot of different professionals.

They are very warm and waterproof and even if they do get wet they stay warm, but they are not breathable so you need to dry your feet out sometimes if you are getting hot and sweaty. Problems of leaking like breathable leather boots are also not a issue.
Thank you for your reply much appreciated. I have had issuse with the dubarry, hence the change.

Laser310

Visit site

i found that the sizes just didn't work for my feet.

also, they are quite heavy , and don't feel like they would pack well- if you fly with your gear, you might look for something else.

i have the dubarry's and they are also heavier than i would like.

my dubarry boots were replaced under warranty because the goretex liner failed. i think it delaminated.

Cowie

Visit site
i found that the sizes just didn't work for my feet.

also, they are quite heavy , and don't feel like they would pack well- if you fly with your gear, you might look for something else.

i have the dubarry's and they are also heavier than i would like.

my dubarry boots were replaced under warranty because the goretex liner failed. i think it delaminated.
Hi
Flight side is not a issue, my last Dubarrys served me well, but over last few seasons the water integrity has been slowly deteriorating, more age than anything else, my thoughts are on the Zhik is to try some other make and the 100% water proof ticks my box and being warm. I appreciate you reply, food for thought

michael_w

Visit site
I'm very pleased with my Zhik boots. toasty warm, excellent non-slip, easy to pull on and off plus gaiters to stop water going up one's trouser leg whilst kneeling on the foredeck.

I went through two pairs of Dubarrys. The toe wore through on one pair - irreparable. The other pair the sub sole disintegrated after a couple of years and could not be repaired. Also, the pull loops are awkward to use. Plus the boots are too short.

Last edited:

Cowie

Visit site
I'm very pleased with my Zhik boots. toasty warm, excellent non-slip, easy to pull on and off plus gaiters to stop water going up one's trouser leg whilst kneeling on the foredeck.

I went through two pairs of Dubarrys. The toe wore through on one pair - irreparable. The other pair the sub sole disintegrated after a couple of years and could not be repaired. Also, the pull loops are awkward to use. Plus the boots are too short.
I have made my mind up that the Zhik is going to be my weapon of choice so to speak, the 100% water proof sells it to me but i like my feet warm, regarding sizes i am normally a 8.5UK better a size up or the same,

tsekul

Visit site
I have a pair of the Zhik, the older version. Find them very good, you can squash them up in your bag, they are light.
I would say they feel more wetsuit/ neoprene like not like real boots as such, very practical but not multi functional, they are great on the boat but not walking about etc.

Cowie

Visit site
I have a pair of the Zhik, the older version. Find them very good, you can squash them up in your bag, they are light.
I would say they feel more wetsuit/ neoprene like not like real boots as such, very practical but not multi functional, they are great on the boat but not walking about etc.
The warmth and water 100% water proof is a big selling point for me, sail in the north sea, 98% of the time,

Cowie

Visit site

Got my Zhik's loving them