Your dooer upper in the sun.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
I hope that they do not have an awful lot of work to do on her - or now find lots to do, now that they are hauled out.
Do you know her name, or any history about her?
Her name is Grace. Has been out for a few years.

Rumour only, new owner had her lifted and found extent of work required was beyond, far beyond, his budget. May have legged it?

Boatyard kinda stuck. Bit sad really.

Wansworth

Visit site
Fasten four layers of expanded steel mess to the hull upto the shear line then get a team of plasterers,she will float higher and not leak,see it done to a Boston oyster dredger backin the early 1970

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
Fasten four layers of expanded steel mess to the hull upto the shear line then get a team of plasterers,she will float higher and not leak,see it done to a Boston oyster dredger backin the early 1970
Why would adding weight make her float higher?

penfold

Visit site
She was probably doing fine until the bozo had her lifted out; time out the water is time drying and shrinking wood and loosening seams. A boat for someone who likes wielding a caulking iron. As a working boat perhaps she has steel fastenings which are end-of-life.

Wansworth

Visit site
She was probably doing fine until the bozo had her lifted out; time out the water is time drying and shrinking wood and loosening seams. A boat for someone who likes wielding a caulking iron. As a working boat perhaps she has steel fastenings which are end-of-life.
Especially in the climate of thr Canary Islands

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
If anyone wants a boat like this to do up, speak to the Excelsior Trust. They have the 'City of Edinboro', a large gaff ketch Edwardian sailing trawler, from Hull originally. She is properly preserved in a much better state but needs a total refit, which the small charity can't afford the men or time to carry out.

38mess

Visit site
10 years ago I was in negotiations with a guy selling a 1927 ex RNLI lifeboat, I knew nothing about wooden boats, in fact I knew nothing about boats full stop, but the guy took me out on her in some rough seas and I was hooked.
Out of water survey revealed something called 'nail sickness'. On further investigation she had a patch of rotten wood around the weed hatch. I was very keen on this boat until the surveyor mentioned the copper nails were £3 each at the time, and there were thousands to replace, but the real crunch came when the patch of rotten wood replacement estimate came in .. £30000, I guess they didn't want this job.
An expensive near miss as it had cost me £1500 already with surveys and liftouts.
Old wooden boats, not for the faint hearted.
Of course these days I would have bought it and filmed everything for a YouTube channel and got the patrons to pay for everything