Your boat names (and ideas)

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
Whatever he names it, Tony needs a sticker that says “Don’t laugh, my car has 265bhp more than my boat” (Or 865bhp if he boosts the muscle car up to 1000.) Preferably all pink and maybe with Hello Kitty on it so his girls approve.

I'm not joking... I think I'm getting some vinyls made up... the girls are designing it ?

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Our current boat is called Sula - the gannet latin name. It sounds nice, easy to spell and say over VHF and we love watching gannets diving down here.
Our friends own a Botnia Targa 27, it has a really boxy superstructure so they called her Kyttrin, which is Cornish for bus.

Naming a boat after a fish or bird can be cool. A fast boat inland like yours - Swift, Kestrel?

Leehou

Visit site
Spot on. One of our boats we named "Moody Miss" and this was regularly miss-heard on the VHF as "Moody Mist". Also worth choosing a name that is short and easy to spell; "Serendipity" was a lovely boat but I did get fed up with spelling it out.
I’m with you on that

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
Our current boat is called Sula - the gannet latin name. It sounds nice, easy to spell and say over VHF and we love watching gannets diving down here.
Our friends own a Botnia Targa 27, it has a really boxy superstructure so they called her Kyttrin, which is Cornish for bus.

Naming a boat after a fish or bird can be cool. A fast boat inland like yours - Swift, Kestrel?

Those are unique names sula and kyttrin.... and thanks I feel a little mind mapping excercise coming along ?

Daydream believer

Visit site
It is surprising , when I announce the name of my boat as Daydream Believer, how many harbour masters try to sing the name back to me. Unfortunately very few know the words to the Monkees song, so it stops there. Which is just as well because the boat was not named after the song.

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
It is surprising , when I announce the name of my boat as Daydream Believer, how many harbour masters try to sing the name back to me. Unfortunately very few know the words to the Monkees song, so it stops there. Which is just as well because the boat was not named after the song.

I love that song one of my favourites... got the CD somewhere too. ?

... May call mine homecoming queen ?