You Really Could Not Make This Up.

Murv

Visit site
They are urban explorers from Manchester, they flew drone up with a messenger line to haul a rope up for access to avoid damaging any locks etc.
Quite nice RIBS too, well equipped and fast.
I imagine they'll make a fair few quid from the footage and were at least good enough to make substantial donations to the RNLI and Project Redsands as well as having to pay their fines for flouting lockdown rules.

oldgit

Visit site
They are urban explorers from Manchester, they flew drone up with a messenger line to haul a rope up for access to avoid damaging any locks etc.
Quite nice RIBS too, well equipped and fast.
I imagine they'll make a fair few quid from the footage and were at least good enough to make substantial donations to the RNLI and Project Redsands as well as having to pay their fines for flouting lockdown rules.

Suprised they got the ribs back, knowing the the Isle of Sheppey as I do .
Most locals either in one of the prisons or just not been caught yet.
Lets hope my daughter does not get to see this post :)

Might have picture of me and a mate standing on the roof of one of the forts taken back in the 1980s, transport was little dinghy with a reliable 7 hp Selva outboard.
It could be relied on to cut out when hot.
Just had to drift around bit until it cooled down and off you went again , circumnavigation of the island usually involved 4 to 5 cooling off drifts !
The boat after that was a tiny 12ft speed boat, this did not prevent a spur of the moment where shall we go, involving a trip from Sheppey round the North Foreland into Botany Bay.:eek:
That same trip today would involve
Checking weather forecasts at least a week in advance.
3 sets of electronic navigation equipment.
2 x fixed VHF
1 x portable radio
1 x emergency liferaft.
Checking engine water/oil.
Counting spare impellers
Counting spare fuel filters
Checking alternator belts.
Sufficient potable water .
A full gas bottle
Where is that wooden bung gone.
Is the fridge working.
Listening out for strange worrying noises/ curious vibrations while under way.
Is the anchor windlass working.
Things are so much more relaxing with a bigger boat. :(

Last edited: