Yards with slipways around Southampton

ridgy

Visit site
Intending to bring my trailered racing boat to the south coast for a couple of months this summer.
There are marinas a plenty of course but I'm looking for a yard to store it that also has a decent slipway for launching.

Any ideas? Doesn't have to be Southampton exactly, the Hamble would be fine too.

Bobc

Visit site
Hamble Point is probably your best bet.

At the cheaper end of the scale, maybe somewhere like Drivers or Kemp Quay on the Itchen?

ridgy

Visit site
Kemps hasn’t got a slipway
Yes, so they informed me today unfortunately, would have been a decent spot otherwise.
After some scouring on google maps I found that Merlin on the Itchen has a slipway. I'll try them tomorrow.
Had a look at Foulkes and they seem to be all powerboats, as do the yards around it which suggests that the A27 bridge does not have the height to get a yacht under.

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Yes, so they informed me today unfortunately, would have been a decent spot otherwise.
After some scouring on google maps I found that Merlin on the Itchen has a slipway. I'll try them tomorrow.
Had a look at Foulkes and they seem to be all powerboats, as do the yards around it which suggests that the A27 bridge does not have the height to get a yacht under.

The A27 road bridge is definitely too low if you have a mast

burgundyben

Visit site
Elephant boatyard Bursledon.

Lauren Marine Woolston, cant recall if there is a slip.

Try one of the clubs? There is loads.

Go carefully with Hamble Point. The tide is a bit lively on the slip esp on the spring ebb.

Marchwood Yacht Club.

Calshot?

PhillM

Visit site
Rodding forge. Allington Lane, Fair oak. Caravan and boat storage. About £50 a month. Less than 15 mins drive from the free slipway at Bursledon. It’s the cheapest way to trailer sail the Solent.

Roddington Forge - Roddington Forge Leisure Storage Ltd

Also, if she is small enough to fit on a trailer you might be able to pick up a Hamble harbour master mooring for less than £700 /year. Use a dinghy, water taxi or join a club and use the bosun service. There are of options.

ianat182

Visit site
You could join Warsash Sailing Club .They have winter storage at ShoreHouse compound for trailer sailers ,nd the public hard for launching at ,say ,half tide; there is now a launching charge made by the Harbour Office at Warsash, but it may not apply to Club Members -ask the offices at either location- WSC is
01489 583575 or the Hamble Harbourmaster Warsash.

ianat182