Yamaha 2T 6hp (1995) crankshaft bearing with pin

Resa

Visit site
Hi,
I have disassembled the entire powerhead (engine) for complite overhaul. I am going to replace all the worn parts and of course all the seals. Question about crankshaft bearings. There's a small pin on outer race of the bearing and it's unclear does the new bearing need to have that pin as well? Many sources on internet offers Koyo 6204c3 bearing as replacement for original Yamaha spare, but it does not have this pin.
IMG_2891.JPEG

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
I was appaled at the price of a main bearing for a Johnson outboard - 57 quid plus VAT! :(

It was a standard metric ball race but with a locating roll pin.

I had, in stock, a wheel bearing with rubber shields of the same dimensions. It was a Honda 125 front wheel bearing. Scribbled on its 'Koyo' box was £5.75p.

I would have paid about three quid. By removing one rubber shield and installing it so the open side was towards the crankshaft for lubrication it worked a treat, engine still going 12 years later.

Three small dabs of loctite stopped the bearing rotating in use.

Resa

Visit site
Thank you for comments. Gaskets (or seals, I'm not sure which one of the terms is better for native english speakers ) are not a problem as I have already purchased a complete set for this engine. Bearing replament isn't home job for sure, I do not have tools nor knowledge, so that tasks will be given to professional. I would need original bearings with that pin, for the alignment reason..right?