Yachting Youtube channels

Kelpie

Visit site
If we're widening it out to general sailing channels, Sail With The Flo are probably my top pick. Just seem like genuine down to earth people on a solid unpretentious boat, making their way around the world without any drama.

Moodysailor

Visit site
Thanks for the tips above, like some other comments here - I only wish that our lifestyle and weather was conducive to being outside and "doing" more than it is - something to work on for the future....

A channel we like is RAN sailing - a down to earth Swedish couple who cruise the world. We find they have the right amount of content without being too over-bearing or having too much sales pitch, and they are experienced and competent sailors.

RAN Sailing YouTube Channel

adamstjohn

Visit site
Christian Williams is a great narrator, love his style and approach. Old school bloke.
On the other hand sailing Good bad and ugly make me feel great about some of the bodges and general state of my boat....looks for laughing face emoji!!!!

Daydream believer

Visit site
Ryan & Sophie, along with Expedition Evans, Wildings & the Sailing Frenchman in his mini transat are the ones I watch regularly.
Sailing Gently is a stuck up guy who gets on my nerves but I have to admit he is a mine of information & i do watch his channels because they are to the point .
Well worth watching if one wants to know about sailing a particular place ,N France, canals, trans atlantic, med etc He does know his stuff

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
Life is too short to watch sailing videos, or any videos. I only watch Panope - when someone points me at it. Maybe once a year I watch a Halcyon vid. I did some anodising recently - and checked some detail on 2 vids.

Sorry but I'd rather do than watch others doing it. I've yet to come across tasks in our sector of the marine industry that needs a degree in rocket science and I'm yet to come across issues that were actually not solved a century ago. I'm sure lots that I get wrong could be found on many of these videos but part of the pleasure is learning from your own mistakes (which you do not forget). We are still here - so the mistakes have not been catastrophic.

It bears considering that our weather is conducive to being outdoors - though I do sometimes desire rotten weather to catch up on 'indoor tasks' - like documentation.

Each to their own.

Jonathan
For some of us, doing has been out of the question for just over a year now!

lustyd

Visit site
Not had much luck with the new boat either.
His new boat experience has been matching well with my own recently! A boat that was in apparently excellent order having problem after problem as soon as it's put in use. I've found his upbeat get on with it and fix everything attitude pretty inspiring as a result - the problems can't keep coming forever after all

ianat182

Visit site
You could also try these two for interesting cruising
'Sailing Nahoa ', a catamaran couple,- particularly their past cruises pre-Covid, They are currently in Thailand waters preparing to cross the Indian Ocean soon. They now have a baby aboard.
The guy is German and she is Canadian. and easygoing ; they go ashore and meet very interesting locals - Indonesia, Vanuatu etc.a couple who also communicate very clearly any snags found.
The other youtubers I like is the' MJ Sailing '- They have bought a catamaran who are building their new catamaran from panels and parts from the constructors in Asia. Yet another of those lucky partnerships that enjoy each others company and sailing. I envy their energy to do this
I aso watch the W ildlings refurbishing their cheap catamaran lovely couple also.

ianat182

pcranness

Visit site
I'll also add Adventures of an Old Sea Dog and Free Range Sailing

Question: Is there anyone sailing the world NOT filming it for YouTube? ?

It would seem there are an impressive number of channels out there which appeal to all tastes.

I would much rather be out there, but not everyone can be whether it's money, health, family or other commitments so it's good to get a fix one way or another. Or even to inspire to actually do it yourself. It's also great to see a younger generation picking up the baton and maybe changing the view of sailing, and the view of the younger generation!

One more if you like the maintnenace aspects
DangarStu

roblpm

Visit site