Yacht rescue off Littlehampton.

Sharky34

Visit site
According to another report, as weel as the RNLI + shorebased crew, 2 firebrigade units were also deployed, presumably in case yacht had been holed & needed pump out.
Wonder how many people all that entailed?

cherod

Visit site
According to another report, as weel as the RNLI + shorebased crew, 2 firebrigade units were also deployed, presumably in case yacht had been holed & needed pump out.
Wonder how many people all that entailed?
2 firebrigade units !!!!! sure getting the treatment ..

bdh198

Visit site
Chucking a bit more fuel on the fire, I wonder where this guy fits in then - working his/her way along from the West Country over the past days:

View attachment 87260

This is fun - spying on sailors ‘potentially’ breaching the lockdown regulations!

Where do you suppose this guy is going (position at 08:20 today)...?

776E27B2-5E80-41C3-9232-1C4C79C25D3B.jpeg

Although I do accept I have none of the facts concerning the movement of the vessel and it might be (and probably is) perfectly legitimate.

Frogmogman

Visit site
This is fun - spying on sailors ‘potentially’ breaching the lockdown regulations!

Where do you suppose this guy is going (position at 08:20 today)...?

Judging by the name, Altor of Down, I'd say Northern Ireland would be a good bet.

Strangford Lough perhaps ?

Lightwave395

Visit site
Must be getting bored, out on my morning excercise just watched the Braemar cruise ship in the Western Solent having come from Cuba, must have come through the Needles channel which I thought might have been a bit tight at half tide, she's gone up to Southampton, don't know if there's any passengers on board... She came along very much on the Mainland side and out of the buoyed channel then veered out as she got closer to the Coastguard cottages - done that many times during Cowes week !

deep denial

Visit site
Everyone seems very quick to codemn people such as this for 'putting lives at risk'. Why has it occurred to no-one that the crew might already have had the virus, and so pose no risk to anyone? There will be a growing 'forgotten' army of recoverees arising in the next few weeks who might well be wondering why they have to remain at house arrest, rather than helping the economy get going again.

dom

Visit site
Everyone seems very quick to codemn people such as this for 'putting lives at risk'. Why has it occurred to no-one that the crew might already have had the virus, and so pose no risk to anyone?....

Great username you have there (y)

Sharky34

Visit site
Everyone seems very quick to codemn people such as this for 'putting lives at risk'. Why has it occurred to no-one that the crew might already have had the virus, and so pose no risk to anyone? There will be a growing 'forgotten' army of recoverees arising in the next few weeks who might well be wondering why they have to remain at house arrest, rather than helping the economy get going again.
Have you considered, that even post virus, they could still be carriers.

Blue Sunray

Visit site
Perhaps the skipper / owner of Akamas is a forumite and will eventually be along to satisfy our curiousity !

Well he is quite well known in Falmouth and thereabouts racing circles (RCYC Race Officer). Personally I'd thank him for giving me something to watch. A few people round here really are getting a bit carried away, but @Sharky34's ill-informed scaremongering does stand out.

Last edited:

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Have you considered, that even post virus, they could still be carriers.
It's been studied extensively. Ten days after symptoms appear you aren't infectious any more. As more and more of us get it and get over it there may well have to be some way of indicating that we are suitably antibodied.