Yacht pulling to starboard

Homer J

Visit site
My long-keeler went from being on rails to exactly what you describe upon - fitting a featherstream! At full speed holding the wheel is hard work.
I also get a great deal of rumbling from the prop area that increases with speed that no-one seems able to explain.
I have a feather stream and also get the rumbling

Homer J

Visit site
A further thought. When my hull is very clean at high speed 7 - 7.5kts you can really feel the wash over the rudder. After a few weeks of fouling it is much less pronounced although I no longer get 7,5kts then. It also kicks to port in astern. However shaft drive boat b

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
A further thought. When my hull is very clean at high speed 7 - 7.5kts you can really feel the wash over the rudder. After a few weeks of fouling it is much less pronounced although I no longer get 7,5kts then. It also kicks to port in astern. However shaft drive boat b
That'll be as much down to fouling the prop as it is the hull, and it's just not working as well. Not sure where you're going in the second part!

ianat182

Visit site
When coming alongside your marina berth and apply a short burst of reverse does the boat's stern move to port or starboard ; its useful to know anyway , and especially if single handed using the " loop over the first cleat " system , to hold the boat in by the bow/fender -whilst keeping the engine in gear on idle speed until moored.

Kerenza

www.24bit.ltd.uk
Hi ianat182
The boat has always walked to port when reverse is engaged from stationary. Not necessarily what you'd expect from a LH prop.
Ah the thought of dropping a line over a cleat from the helm. I'm a meter from the end of the finger at the helm when we're bow hard against the dock fenders. It's only a 10m berth.
We're in astern anyway just to hold station if there's any breeze with us, the bow is so light there's no chance reversing slowly anywhere with the wind, without lift from the keel.