Yacht delivery and latest covid '6' rule implications

Solwaycruiser

Visit site
I am in the process of buying a boat near Chichester and will be sailing her back to Scotland once the process is complete. The plan was for 4 of us from different families and possibly 5 if other half can find the time making max of 5 crew and max of 4 family groups.
Think this might be okay in England and possibly Wales. Only stop in Scotland will be home port but realise that will break the rules here. Any comments re England and Wales please. Also realise it can change quickly and possibly during the trip. Not sure what the individual marinas might apply and no guidance updates yet from them.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

lustyd

Visit site
The marina wouldn't know who is on your boat unless you told them, same as ever. The issue you may have is a lack of places to stop with Ireland, Holyhead and Isle of Man out of action (you mentioned Wales so I assumed clockwise travel).

bdh198

Visit site
... The plan was for 4 of us from different families and possibly 5 if other half can find the time making max of 5 crew and max of 4 family groups...Any comments re England and Wales please. Also realise it can change quickly and possibly during the trip. Not sure what the individual marinas might apply and no guidance updates yet from them.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

You’ll have no problem under the current (as of midnight last night) regulations. They are clear:

“During the emergency period, no person may participate in a gathering which consists of more than six people“

You’ll be a max of five so will have room to invite another.

The marinas aren’t going to impose rules any more stringent than the regulations, and frankly I suspect they aren’t going to care to try and enforce the regulations unless someone is clearly breaching them. The only time I think anyone else will pay any attention is if you’re rafted up and partying well into the night and your neighbours call the police. Even then the police will probably have better things to be getting on with, and if not they’ll see there are less than six of you and ask you to keep the noise down.

scruff

Visit site
Ach, Just look at it pragmatically - Westminster last night confirmed that adhering to the law is optional so long as you only break them in specific and limited ways.

secondly the rule of 6 does not apply to the workplace. You can just state you are paying the delivery crew (presumably via a couple of shared bottles of whisky) and it's all above board.

I would't lose sleep over it

TiggerToo

Visit site
That’s an irresponsible attitude ? Simply plan the route home via Barnard Castle and claim that you’re testing your eyesight or colour vision and you’ll be excused ?
That only works if your name begins with Dom and your surname ends in mings.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
No, only if organised by a business/charity with covid plan acreditation.
Not quite. The team(s) must be organised in accordance with the rules promulgated by their governing body, which in turn have been agreed with DMCS. Our gig club has to select our crews (of 7) from bubbles (of 10) following guidelines from British Rowing. No accreditation just a commitment to adhere to the guidance.

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
From the BBC News website:
"Government guidelines include exemptions for physical activities that can be done in groups of more than six, such as football, hockey and netball, as well as sailing, angling and polo."

lustyd

Visit site
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

this is the perfect situation for this quote. Stay safe, understand basic biology. When the revelation came out that Covid survives in refrigerated conditions I felt like crying for our education system.

Solwaycruiser

Visit site
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

this is the perfect situation for this quote. Stay safe, understand basic biology. When the revelation came out that Covid survives in refrigerated conditions I felt like crying for our education system.
Thanks for all replies. Yes some care and common sense will prevale and all will be fine.