Yacht at anchor East Head !!

Triassic

Visit site
I don't come on here often enough to keep up with such changes, why would someone swop identities? Is it actually possible to upset someone on here? Mind you, I didn't think I'd been away for long enough to forget that you can't have a reasonable debate with some people either......

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
Actually there are lots of reasons why it may be better to self isolate on a boat. We completed on the sale of our house on Friday (We exchanged in October!)with the intention of moving onto our boat. We have however rented a flat and I am very unhappy here. there are a large number of NHS working from these flats and I have to pass through 9, yes 9 fire doors to reach the street. I feel extremely vulnerable in this building and would be much happier on my mooring. Unfortunately I don't have any water on board.

I do not know the situation with the boat that are still moving, but my guess is that these people are largly self sufficent and of no risk to anyone. In any event after a couple of weeks on board it will be obvious that they are not carrying the virus.
I'm lucky enough to be in a house with a garden and adjoining path out into countryside, and it's people in your situation who I have every sympathy for. I'd be happy to see you out on your mooring and posting on here, not least to enjoy the ensuing apoplexy.

Triassic

Visit site
I'm lucky enough to live out in the country with shed loads of space around me as well, didn't stop me spending the last couple of afternoons working on my boat though......

langstonelayabout

Visit site
Commercial shipping may be doing something useful & essential.

I'd like to think they are doing something useful but my car shipping to the UK from Japan is delayed by at least a month and the main dealer is closed so can't receive it, PDI it or sell it to me.

Not that I can get back to the UK to collect it as there are no flights to the UK and the Saudi government has also grounded all flights, UK-bound or not. And my car has been kept in the long term car park at Heathrow for the last 6 weeks.

I guess I'll just have to wait :ROFLMAO:

Triassic

Visit site
Where do you stand on cops telling corner shops not to sell easter eggs?

I think they're plonkers. That's a classic example of over zealous idiots reading far more into the legislation than was ever intended and they were quite rightly jumped all over for it. Note it wasn't just the police, it was environmental health officers who were involved. Knowing what I do about how these kind of operations work I suspect you will find a couple of local PCSO's were dispatched to support the council workers whilst they carried out "enforcement action", but knocking the police makes for a far better headline. Not defending them either way though.

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
I'm surprised they put a limit on them, two things struck me when visiting supermarkets during the panic buying phase - firstly the 'free from' isles seemed well stocked and secondly the Easter eggs and similar confectionery were also in plentiful supply.

Edit - When visiting Tescos yesterday evening they seemed to have withdrawn most of the multi-buy offers except for the Easter Eggs

Sharky34

Visit site
I'm surprised they put a limit on them, two things struck me when visiting supermarkets during the panic buying phase - firstly the 'free from' isles seemed well stocked and secondly the Easter eggs and similar confectionery were also in plentiful supply.

Edit - When visiting Tescos yesterday evening they seemed to have withdrawn most of the multi-buy offers except for the Easter Eggs
Easter eggs are hardly an essential staple.
They don't boil particularly well either.

Other threads that may be of interest