Yacht at anchor East Head !!

Sadlerfin

Visit site
During my daily walk I can see a Yacht has arrived and is at anchor at East Head. Looking on AIS she is from Ramsgate maybe via Eastbourne area .

To me stay at home is stay at home, even if she is a permanent home she should stay on her mooring like we all do. I understand some will say the skipper is not hurting anyone and is isolated but that would not be the case if he/she needed assistance.

Either we all stay away or we all ignore and go sailing.

Rant over now I expect to get shot down by some

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
How do you know its not a professional delivery run, the completion of some private transoceanic passage started before the lockdown, or the return to UK of British citizen stranded by airline sloping shoulders and governmental negligence?

Just_sayin'

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.
Visit site
How do you know its not a professional delivery run, the completion of some private transoceanic passage started before the lockdown, or the return to UK of British citizen stranded by airline sloping shoulders and governmental negligence?

Your geography isn't too good is it.

Eastbourne ... Chichester ... transoceanic :p

Just_sayin'

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.
Visit site
But who really cares?

Obviously not you, but the lifeboat crew? The relatives of the lifeboat crew? Or don't people get injured at sea?

It's exactly the same argument as not using your car to take your dog for a walk. You are risking an accident which then involves a multi-agency response.

bdh198

Visit site
During my daily walk I can see a Yacht has arrived and is at anchor at East Head. Looking on AIS she is from Ramsgate maybe via Eastbourne area .

To me stay at home is stay at home, even if she is a permanent home she should stay on her mooring like we all do. I understand some will say the skipper is not hurting anyone and is isolated but that would not be the case if he/she needed assistance.

Either we all stay away or we all ignore and go sailing.

Rant over now I expect to get shot down by some

I was following that boat on another thread this morning and can only assume she is skippered by a delivery skipper, otherwise she risks being in breach of the Health Protection Regulations. If not (and in the absence of a “reasonable excuse” to be outside their house)... they need to turn her ASI off!

Bobc

Visit site
I was looking at Marinetraffic this morning and a Sigma 41 called Deucalion had just left Lymington heading east up the Solent.

Quandary

Visit site
It is becoming clear that if Adolf had managed to get across the Channel he would have had no trouble controlling England.
Jealousy followed by indignation accompanied by self righteousness, Harrumph !!!!!!! someone might be misbehaving, we do not kno,w but it is not you business!

RobF

Visit site
If they are already on the boat, surely the greater risk would be to sail to a port and then drive to a land dwelling ?
We don't know if the boat is their home.
Marinas are in lock down, and I think the least harm they could do is to stay on their boat, ideally anchored.
But sometimes you need to change your anchorage
Anchoring is surely the ultimate in social distancing (unless someone else anchors within 2 metres of them).