Yaching Monthly 5 Tonner

antcollins

Visit site
Does anyone know if the plans for the YM 5 Tonner are still available?

I am sure I read a old boatbuilding hardback many years ago that gave a full build schedule and step by step guide on one. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Ant

Tranona

Visit site
Is it the Robert Clark Yachting World 5 tonner you are after? I don't recall a Ychting Monthly 5 Ton design - there is a 3 ton which the EOA have.

The YW boat is well recorded including articles in PBO and Classic Boat.

Tranona

Visit site
Re: Yaching WORLD 5 Tonner

There is also a long previous forum thread with some useful contacts. It comes up as the second link on Google. Easier for you to pick it up that way as I am crap at posting links!

You may also try and contact Stuart Welford who owns Joelle - his family have owned the boat almost from new and what he does not know about them is not worth knowing. Will pm his contact details.

joliette

www.facebook.com

You could try contacting the Maritime Museum at Greenwich as they have an amazing archive of Robert Clark drawings, which they will copy for a fee. They were very helpful with my research on Joliette.

Rum_Pirate

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Oops, it's the Yachting World 5-tonner. Some details about her here.

http://www.ybw.com/cb/tonner.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I think that there must be some mistake, the site giveds the following info
a 5-Tonner gaff of LOA 24ft 5in (7.5m) with a LWL of 7ft 10in (2.2m) a draught of 4ft 4in (1.3m) anda BEAM of 3ft 6in (1.1m)

dombuckley

Visit site
I believe the book you are thinking of is "Amateur Boat Building" by Michael Verney. But the boat is the smaller YM 3 tonner, an Alan Buchanan design.

Boatstaycation

Visit site

There is also a long previous forum thread with some useful contacts. It comes up as the second link on Google. Easier for you to pick it up that way as I am crap at posting links!

You may also try and contact Stuart Welford who owns Joelle - his family have owned the boat almost from new and what he does not know about them is not worth knowing. Will pm his contact details.
Hi I am buying a boat a world class 5 tonner designed by RC. The history looks like it used to be called Joelle. I see you had told someone you have contact info for Stuart Welford. He used to own Joelle. Could you please message me is contact ino I would like to ask him about the worldclass 5 tonner. Cheers Jack

Romeo

Visit site
This is a bit of a dead forum, just an archive after Classic Boat Mag was sold to another publisher, who are not really that interested in boats that are not superyachts of one sort or another. You would be better off starting a new thread on the Classic and Wooden Boats section of the forum:

Classic and Wooden Boats