World's Coolest Boats

Parabolica

Visit site
Back in its day, as a young lad, i loved the boat in the Bond movie Moonraker which concealed a hang glider in the roof.. I think the boat was a Glastron

51B8FBF8-3634-4EC2-88F6-F9B5616F6E2F.jpeg

A cool boat for sure but will always in my eyes be beaten by the Miami Vice boat heading over to Bermuda to catch Col D’eron

8EBA330B-6365-40B1-BEFC-DAB1C0C4D519.jpeg

Sex on water that thing

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
SunSeeker Mustang 20

I actually grew up on this boat from 13 to 16 years old and learned a lot of things.
A family friend got a new one in 1988 following an 86 Fairline 26 Sunfury Mk.II he owned from in 86 to 87, and I was like its crew boy.
She was a nice machine and fast with single Volvo 5.7 litier 270hp we touched 50 mph quite often and 55 mph the most, not gps marked but the usually log in fashion at the time.
Originally she had no trim tabs and was not as good in heads seas as I would have imagined, in reality she was quite a rattler.
We did put trim tabs in 1990 and she did improved and reduce the rattling, and the bouncing.... In following sea she was perfect to be honest. No chine running etc
I think with it the Sunseeker legend went down for me, as in the Summer of 89 (that Summer was always rough seas in every weekend) I tried a couple of Buzzi designed Cigala of some Italians who where in Malta for holidays, and man those boats could really eat a sea. Akhis 27, and the Shaft 34, and the outboard powered 22.
The Sunseeker had some structural issues in that year, as it cracked all around the rub-rail on the super structure side, which was rectified by Sunseeker to be fair.

R400

Visit site
That’s interesting as I did hear a rumour that the hulls were produced by Fletcher for Sunseeker. Anyone know if this is true.

R400

Visit site
Just to re issue an opinion , doesn’t anyone agree with my post about the Shakespeare in the puppet on a chain? That bit of filming is entirely responsible for still spending fortunes on boating at the age of 68.
god almighty I wish I could get excited about football or darts ,crown green bowling , or even golf FFS

Portofino

Visit site
Just to re issue an opinion , doesn’t anyone agree with my post about the Shakespeare in the puppet on a chain? That bit of filming is entirely responsible for still spending fortunes on boating at the age of 68.
god almighty I wish I could get excited about football or darts ,crown green bowling , or even golf FFS
Theses two?
1971 .They say the “ live and let die “ bond boat chase in 73 was inspired by this .

R400

Visit site
Absolutely , however this was proper driving . I knew a chap, ex racer, who was employed to do the testing . Many boats later it was a wrap.
in 1973 I found a blue Shakespear in Cardigan , bought it for £180 which took me 2 years to pay back. Chrysler 45 which took 3 years to pay back. I couldn’t have been happier .

Chris H

Visit site
Speaking of cool boats. I think this is as cool as you can get of the 1972 Baglietto 20M 'Cujo'. Cujo Video View attachment 143928View attachment 143928View attachment 143929View attachment 143928View attachment 143929
Cujo was berthed next to me for a few days in cap Ferrat, I got talking to the captain and it’s now owned by an Italian , I knew some of its early history after reading about the story of Simon Kidson buying it.
The two stroke diesels make a great noise ………and lots of smoke

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Cujo was berthed next to me for a few days in cap Ferrat, I got talking to the captain and it’s now owned by an Italian , I knew some of its early history after reading about the story of Simon Kidson buying it.
The two stroke diesels make a great noise ………and lots of smoke
wow - lucky

I think those diesels are part of the package of a gem like that. I think they are CRMs.

Parabolica

Visit site
Theses two?
1971 .They say the “ live and let die “ bond boat chase in 73 was inspired by this .

What a great clip. I’ve never seen or heard of that film before either. Some great footage and in bizarrely, a high resolution too it seems as the picture quality is brilliant.

Some great driving and yes, they must have “thrown” some boats at that sequence for sure !

R400

Visit site
I think they chose the Shakespeare and Broom for their build quality. My mini clubman was considerably heavier than my pals Picton. The chap I knew was Geoff Edwards , he owned Salford Quays Marine in Manchester. He’d been racing in Paris when they offered him the job. Notice the audience on the bridge?

R400

Visit site
Nah! Probably fantastic but not COOL.
Shakespear mini clubman , anythinthing Levi or Fairey, Glaston 150 ( live and let die) , Mustang 20 ( back page advert of MBY) , and possibly the Searay Pachanga ( as long as yo dont go in waves) and last but not least Scarab.
none of them fortunes but totally chilled in my mind.
don’t want to upset anyone, personal opinion .
Oh! And my Formula. But would swap for a Corsair, sex on a 24 deg hull.

Chris H

Visit site
Nah! Probably fantastic but not COOL.
Shakespear mini clubman , anythinthing Levi or Fairey, Glaston 150 ( live and let die) , Mustang 20 ( back page advert of MBY) , and possibly the Searay Pachanga ( as long as yo dont go in waves) and last but not least Scarab.
none of them fortunes but totally chilled in my mind.
don’t want to upset anyone, personal opinion .
Oh! And my Formula. But would swap for a Corsair, sex on a 24 deg hull.
That got me thinking. All the pachanga’s , especially the 32, were sexy boats in their day.