World's best sailing joke

mdonnelly

Visit site
The Irish crew of a sailing boat were tasked with burying their mate Murphy who wanted to be buried at sea.
Pat and Mick had rowed out a little when Pat got out of the boat and stood knee deep in water, We need to go out further says Pat, so they row out another fifty yards then Pat jumps out and the water reaches his chin, We need to go out further says he, so they row another 100 yards.
Pat jumps out again and dissapears under water, after 5 min he reapears and after a little coughing and spluttering says to Mick, "Thats far enough give me out the shovel.

BTW no offence to Irish, I am one.
C_W

Sorry but I AM OFFENDED. I am Irish. I didnt understand that, Do you have a diagram?

Scotty_Tradewind

Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat, Galicia NW Spain
Visit site
Why an LM30? They sail quite well, are well built, hold their value, keep you warm in winter and are generally pretty good all-round bits of kit. Has something gone woosh over my head?

Apologies to LM30 owners ... super boats, just pulling some pals legs who've had one for a year and love it.
They also have a folkboat (cruiser) that they rebuilt to immaculate condition with a trailer and have been everywhere in it....(now for sale)
They just needed more comfort well 'she' did in particular, as she got fed up with getting wet and being thrown about once too often.
She's retired and he is in his seventees so I don't blame her/him.

In this their first season with the LM30, they sailed/motored her from north Wales to north Devon, north Cornwall, out to the Scillies, back to S.Cornwall and gradually along the S. Coast to Southampton where it's now ashore.

Although the LM30 is not a 'sailing boat' like the Folkboat is, but more a motor sailor, they do keep warm and will be able to extend their cruising even more and have members of their very large family, including the grandchildren, aboard in greater numbers.

Last edited: