Woolverstone - no more lift-outs!

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Not anymore.
The place was a bit of a novelty before Covid as it only accepted credit cards when it reopened . My lowest credit card sale so far = 1£.
Good reports, but a dodgy walk due to the Shotley Road. Probably best by taxi. It could though be a heroic walk along the seashore from Woolverstone if you can work the tides , and have the Coastguard number on your phone.

Last edited:

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
The place was a bit of a novelty before Covid as it only accepted credit cards when it reopened . My lowest credit card sale so far = 1£.
Good reports, but a dodgy walk due to the Shotley Road. Probably best by taxi. It could though be a heroic walk along the seashore from Woolverstone if you can work the tides , and have the Coastguard number on your phone.

We’ve eaten there half a dozen times and it’s been good every time, but, as you say, a dangerous walk along the road from Woolverstone.

Last edited:

greylag

Visit site
It is apparently owned by the people who own the excellent but eye wateringly expensive Suffolk Food Halls on the same road but nearer Ipswich.

We’ve eaten there half a dozen times and it’s been good every time, but, as you say, a dangerous walk along the road from Woolverstone.

I don't think the Pauls own it anymore.

Greg2

Visit site
Surprised no one has mentioned the Butt and Oyster. Lovely walk along the Orwell from Woolverstone, lovely location at Pin Mill and we have always had good food there over the years.

Aquaboy

Visit site
Though I,ve never tried it you should be able to get across to Holbrook from in front of the school.
Co ops pretty good. The whole peninsula is criss-crossed with paths

jon and michie

Visit site
So back to the topic are boaters at woolverstone starting to make plans for lifting out at other places ?
Has MDL made any announcements ?

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
So back to the topic are boaters at woolverstone starting to make plans for lifting out at other places ?
Has MDL made any announcements ?
I helped a friend move his boat from Woolverstone to Shotley last week.
He's staying there for good. He liked Woolverstone very much for lots of reasons, but wanted to be in a place with a full range of services.

jon and michie

Visit site
I helped a friend move his boat from Woolverstone to Shotley last week.
He's staying there for good. He liked Woolverstone very much for lots of reasons, but wanted to be in a place with a full range of services.
I did like the setting when I enquired about mooring there.
I wonder if this is MDL's tactic to go the log cabin route as most citizens have been staying in the uk due to the lockdown and travel restrictions this year -- and if so I hope it bites them on the Ar@e when joe blogs wants to go back to Benidorm next year because normality is started to go back to well normality.